PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY. You may find it useful to PRINT a copy of this page.
There are two (2) options available for applying for admission to The University of the West Indies either:-
- Online at http://www.uwi.edu/admissions [Non-refundable application fee receipt MUST be submitted with application forms]
- Download an application form and Instruction Sheet at http://www.sta.uwi.edu/admissions. Complete and submit to the University. [Non-refundable application fee receipt MUST be submitted with application forms]
Do NOT submit a paper application if you have applied on-line. This will cause a delay in dealing with your application.
- A database of all programmes offered at UWI can be found at: www.uwi.edu/programmes
Online Application - What should I know?
Your online application process begins at the St. Augustine Campus website http://www.sta.uwi.edu/admissions.
- You can indicate FOUR (4) PROGRAM CHOICES on your online application.
After selecting your first choice, you may select a second, third, and fourth choice by clicking the NEXT PROGRAM button and choosing the programme.
- When making the selection of Application Type, select either:
- New Undergraduate Full-time
- New Undergraduate Part-time
- New Undergraduate Evening
- Persons applying for admission via Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (CFBC), St. Kitts, OR Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (SALCC), St. Lucia, OR St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (STVGCC), St. select Application Type either:
- New Undergraduate CFBC
- New Undergraduate SALCC
- New Undergraduate STVGCC
- Fill out all the required fields (marked with a *). If you leave any of the required fields blank, the system will give you an error message when you attempt to submit your application.
- Your Confirmation Receipt would only be valid if you have fully completed your online application and the Confirmation Receipt is submitted by the specified deadline i.e. two (2) weeks after submission of the online application.
- Applicants who wish to apply to a Campus of Second Choice you must visit the webpage http://www.uwi.edu/admissions. Select the campus to which they wish to apply and follow the instructions and steps given.
- Applicants for Bachelor in Education (BED), Evening University programmes, and Mature applicants must submit details of Work History together with two (2) letters of recommendation and the required supporting documents.
- Persons with dual citizenship should clearly indicate under which nationality they wish to be considered as you will NOT be permitted to change your status after an offer of a place has been made and accepted.
NB: This has no bearing on your application but is needed for determining the fees payable.
- Persons with dual citizenship MUST also submit documentary evidence to support the status under which you wish to be considered.
- The submission of documents in support of applications or the applications themselves, for admission and/or registration that are forged, fraudulent, altered from the original, obtained under false pretences, or otherwise deceptive is prohibited.
- The University reserves the right to reject an application for admission, withdraw an offer and/or prohibit registration if the offer for admission is found to be based in whole or in part on deception or fraud.
- A transcript is considered official if it is in a sealed envelope from the high school/institution. Photocopies, faxed copies and PDF attachments are NOT considered official.
- If you have attended more than one College/Institution and credits have been transferred from one college to another, we must receive a transcript from the originating college/Institution.
- A final official transcript, indicating award date/date of graduation, must be submitted as soon as all courses have been completed.
- Student copies or transcripts stamped: STUDENT COPY are not acceptable.
Applicants who wish to live in a Hall of Residence are required to complete and submit a Hall of Residence Application Form. The forms can be downloaded and printed here. The completed form must be submitted to:
Student Advisory Services
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine Campus
Trinidad & Tobago W.I.
Other Important information related to the Application Process
- Undergraduate Prospectus (degrees and programmes overview)
- Documents required
- Dates & Deadlines
- Faculty (School) Booklets (program requirements)
- Fee Booklets
Thank you for reading the above instructions.
Remember to have these instructions nearby
(or print a copy) when proceeding to the application process.
You can now begin the application process . Click here to proceed.
- Campus Principal's Welcome
- UWI St. Augustine
- First Year Applicants
- Enrollment Options
- Entrance Requirements
- Degrees Offered
- How Can I Apply?
- Application Instructions
- Applying Online
- Applying By Paper
- Application Forms
- Documents Required
- Application Fees
- Dates and Deadlines
- Apply Now
- Prohibition on Submission of Fraudulent Admission Documents
- Instructions for completing Application Form
- Re-Admission/Entry Procedure
- UWI Transfer Applicants
- Transfer of Credits
- Specially Admitted & Occassional Applicants
- Applicants with Disabilities
- Evening Applicants
- International Students
- Open Campus
- Summer School
- Apply Now
- Track Application