- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- Legal Affidavit or Deed Poll if present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate
- Academic Certificates [GCE, CXC (CAPE), CXC (CSEC)]. GCE/CXC (CSEC/CAPE) Grade slips (accepted Only in cases where certificates are not yet available)
- Professional Certificate/Diploma
- Official transcripts [sent directly from granting Institutions; this does NOT apply to High/Secondary School students in Trinidad & Tobago]
- Autobiographical Statement (300 words) – Mandatory for Faculty of Medical Sciences
- TOEFL Examination score (If English is not native language). TOEFL score of 500 or
Greater-paper based (*82 computer-based);
OR A certificate showing a minimum total score of 6.5 on the University of Cambridge IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Supplemental Sheet 1 (For Undergraduate applicants to B.Sc. Human Ecology, BSc. Nursing and Certificate of Specializations in Tropical Agriculture)
- Supplemental Sheet 2 Non-Academic Criteria for Selection to the Faculty of Medical
Sciences – Mandatory for MB.BS. DDS & DVM Programmes ONLY
- Supplemental Sheet 3 – Employment History and Referee Information (Applicants to - Certificate, Diploma and Evening University Programmes and BED applicants)
Hall of Residence Application Form [if you wish to live on-campus]
- Other (please specify)
Applicants MUST submit certified photocopies of all supporting documents which have been certified by a Notary Public/School Principal or School Vice Principal. These documents are necessary for consideration of your application.
TRANSCRIPTS for professional and overseas qualifications should be sent to the Assistant Registrar Student Affairs (Admissions) on the Campus to which you are applying DIRECT FROM THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION CONCERNED by February 22, 2013 Cave Hill, Mona and St. Augustine Campuses.
If you have attended more than one college/Institution and credits have been transferred from one college to another, we must receive a transcript from the originating college/Institution.
Student copies or transcripts stamped: STUDENT COPY are not acceptable.
NB: GRADUATES OF UWI NEED NOT REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
- Documents which are defaced or which appear to be altered in any way WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Grade Slips are NOT Certificates.
- Official Replacements for GCE Certificate lost or/inadvertently destroyed can be requested from the examining body i.e. London, Cambridge. The office of the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) should be asked about replacement of CXC (CSEC/CAPE) Certificates.
- Please note that a person in full-time employment CANNOT be registered as a Full-time student unless written proof of approved leave is provided prior to registration.
- Candidates who will be sitting examinations in November 2012 and between January and June 2013 to qualify for admission may also submit applications.
- Transcripts for professional Certificates, Diplomas and/or University degrees must be submitted from the granting Institution directly to:
The Assistant Registrar, Student Affairs (Admissions) at the Campus to which admission is being sought. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request that such transcripts are forwarded to reach the University by February 22, 2013 - Cave Hill, Mona and St. Augustine Campuses. UWI graduates need not request transcripts.
- A transcript is considered official if it is in a sealed envelope from the high school/institution. Photocopies, faxed copies and PDF attachments are NOT considered official.
- If you have attended more than college/Institution and credits have been transferred from one college to another, we must receive a transcript from the originating college/Institution.
- A final official transcript, indicating award date/date of graduation must be submitted as soon as all courses are completed.
- Student copies or transcripts stamped: STUDENT COPY are not acceptable.
NOTE: Full acceptance cannot be made until all required transcripts have been received.
- Applicants with qualifications in a language other than English must submit a certified English translation, together with the original.
- All submitted documents become the property of The University of the West Indies and will not be returned or transferred to a third party.
Applicants Are Hereby Cautioned That:
- Applications will not be considered if there is any indication that the accompanying papers or certificates have been altered in any way.
- The submission of documents in support of applications or the applications themselves, for admission and/or registration that are forged, fraudulent, altered from the original, obtained under false pretences, or otherwise deceptive is prohibited.
- The University reserves the right to reject an application for admission, withdraw an offer and/or prohibit registration if the offer for admission is found to be based in whole or in part on deception or fraud.
- Each applicant must provide his/her telephone number or the telephone number of a reliable contact person. This will facilitate urgent communication with the applicant.
- Campus Principal's Welcome
- UWI St. Augustine
- First Year Applicants
- Enrollment Options
- Entrance Requirements
- Degrees Offered
- How Can I Apply?
- Application Instructions
- Applying Online
- Applying By Paper
- Application Forms
- Documents Required
- Application Fees
- Dates and Deadlines
- Apply Now
- Prohibition on Submission of Fraudulent Admission Documents
- Instructions for completing Application Form
- Re-Admission/Entry Procedure
- UWI Transfer Applicants
- Transfer of Credits
- Specially Admitted & Occassional Applicants
- Applicants with Disabilities
- Evening Applicants
- International Students
- Open Campus
- Summer School
- Apply Now
- Track Application