SpecialLY Admitted studentSee tuition and fees for Specially Admitted Students
In addition to the students admitted to courses leading to degrees, the Vice Chancellor may admit to the University as specially admitted students, for limited periods, such persons as he may deem fit provided that they comply with the following regulations.
The University makes provisions for special admission:
- If you are registered at another University and wish to follow courses at UWI by special arrangement for credits at your own University.
- If you are sponsored by your Government or employer to read certain courses, not for credit towards a University qualIfication, under a special arrangement.
- If you are a UWI graduate wishing to pursue a specIfic course/s to equip yourself for a particular job; increase your efficiency in the performance of a job, satisfy entry requirements to a programme at The UWI or in another institution; or update or improve your knowledge in a subject.
- Normally, a specially admitted student will be allowed to take no more than 12 credits in an academic year, and no more than a total of 24 credits.
- Specially admitted students are permitted to write examinations in the courses for which they have registered.
- An application fee of TT$90 (US$30 for non-Caribbean applicants) which is non-refundable must accompany applications for special admission.
- Applications for special admissions must be made on the appropriate application forms. An application fee of TT$90 (US$30 for non-Caribbean applicants) which is non-refundable must accompany this application for special admission.
- To be considered for entry as “Specially Admitted Students” applicants should normally be matriculable.
- Those students who do not satisfy the requirements for entry to the University should provide satisfactory evidence of their previous studies. In appropriate cases they may be required to sit a special entrance examination. In the assessment of the qualifications of applicants due allowance should be made for their maturity.
- Specially admitted students shall be required to pay the appropriate fees as are in effect.
- Such students shall be required to comply with the General Regulations for students as are in effect.
- Normally, a specially admitted student should be allowed to take no more than (12) credits in any given year, nor more than a total of 24 credits under this category of registration.
- Specially admitted students are permitted to write the University examinations appropriate to the course(s) they have been allowed to pursue.
- Their membership of the University shall be subject to satisfactory reports on their work and conduct.
- The credits obtained through special admission can be counted towards UWI certification and University programmes provided they have been obtained within such time limits as are set from time to time by the institution.
Deadline for Specially Admitted Applications
Academic Year 2011/2012
Semester II 2011/2012 – January 06, 2012
Academic Year 2012/2013
Semester I - June 29, 2012
Semesters I & II- June 29, 2012
Semester II – January 04, 2013
If you are submitting a paper based application to be an specially admitted student, click here to down load form
If you wish to attend UWI for a period of study not leading to any degree or diploma you may seek admission as an Occasional Student. You must be recommended by the Head of Department whose lectures, tutorials and or laboratory classes you wish to attend and you will be charged a per-credit fee. Occasional students may not write examinations in the course(s) for which they are registered.
DownloadsIf you are submitting a paper based application to be an occasional student, click here to down load form
See tuition and fees for Ocassional Students
- Campus Principal's Welcome
- UWI St. Augustine
- First Year Applicants
- Enrollment Options
- Entrance Requirements
- Degrees Offered
- How Can I Apply?
- Application Instructions
- Applying Online
- Applying By Paper
- Application Forms
- Documents Required
- Application Fees
- Dates and Deadlines
- Apply Now
- Prohibition on Submission of Fraudulent Admission Documents
- Instructions for completing Application Form
- Re-Admission/Entry Procedure
- UWI Transfer Applicants
- Transfer of Credits
- Specially Admitted & Occassional Applicants
- Applicants with Disabilities
- Evening Applicants
- International Students
- Open Campus
- Summer School
- Apply Now
- Track Application