Eligibility of Refund of Passage
A candidate residing in a contributing Commonwealth Caribbean territory who, having satisfied the normal University matriculation requirements and has been accepted for registration as a full-time student in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme leading to a degree, diploma or certificate of The University of the West Indies will be provided with a free passage on first coming to The University and on completion of his/her course of study.
Reimbursement of First Passage
Students are required to complete and submit Application for Refund of First/Return Passage Form together with a copy of their airline ticket/receipt of ticket purchased to Student Affairs (Admissions) OR Office of Graduate Studies and Research, The Lloyd Braithwaite Student Administration Building, Lewis Avenue by the end of the first week in October to enable processing of reimbursement.
Reimbursement of Return/Final Passage
Students requiring tickets and students who have already purchased a return ticket are required to submit a copy of their airline ticket/receipt of ticket purchased for reimbursement or make a reservation with TRAFALGAR TRAVEL LIMITED at least Four (4) weeks before the proposed date of travel to make arrangements for the purchase of ticket. The copy of the ticket/itinerary must show the date of travel and cost.
The Application for Refund of First/Return Passage form must be completed and submitted to Student Affairs (Admissions) OR Office of Graduate Studies and Research, The Lloyd Braithwaite Student Administration Building, Lewis Avenue no later than the last week in September.
Requirements for Reimbursement of First/Return Passage
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate programme leading to a degree, diploma or certificate
- Must be a first-time student at the St. Augustine Campus [New students]
- Must have completed your degree/programme of study [Final year students]
- Must be a registered full-time student
- Must be from a Commonwealth Contributing Country
- Must not be receiving sponsorship which covers ticket cost
- Must complete the First/Return Passage request form
- Must attach a copy of the airline ticket /itinerary showing date of travel and cost and ticket stub/boarding pass as applicable to the type of passage refund.
NOTE: Passages will be by air, or by sea at the discretion of The University and refund of FIRST/RETURN PASSAGE will be calculated on the basis of airfare estimated to be the most direct route FROM/TO the student’s Home Country TO/FROM Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago W.I.