How To Apply Online
- Read the online application instructions before proceeding
View the video below for a step-by-step walkthrough of our application procedure
Step 1: Visit the Online Application web page
Step 2: Set Up Your Account
Create a Login ID and PIN (Personal Identification Number) to set up an account. Make a note of your Login ID and PIN since you will need these every time you wish to access your application information.
NOTE: A valid email IS ABSOLUTELY required to continue the process, as this will be our primary means of communicating with you. If you do not have a valid Email account please create one before proceeding.
You can create FREE email accounts through email providers such as: Gmail, Microsoft Outlook or Yahoo
Please ensure that your e-mail address is stated correctly. Any invalid e-mail addresses will result in a delay in communicating with you.
Step 3: Complete Your Application Online
Follow the instructions and complete the application in full before submitting it.
You do not have to complete your application in one sitting. You can start the process and complete it any time before the deadline using your Login ID and PIN.
In completing the application, be sure that your information is accurate and that you answer ALL the questions applicable to you.
To do so login to the system using the Login ID and PIN that you created in STEP 2 above. Then click the application and resume the application process by selecting the appropriate item on the Application Checklist
Step 4: Submit Your Application
Once you have entered all the required information on the form, you may submit your application by clicking the APPLICATION IS COMPLETE button.
If your application is missing required information, highlighted by red (*), it will not be accepted by the system. Review your application, enter all missing information and re-submit by clicking the APPLICATION IS COMPLETE button
Upon the successful completion and submission of an online application you will automatically receive a letter acknowledging receipt of your application. To view your Acknowledgement Letter do the following:
- On the Applicant Menu, go to the Submitted Applications section.
- Go to the Confirmation/Acknowledgement section and click on the link associated with your submitted application.
- Print the Acknowledgement Letter and retain a copy for your record.
STEP 5: PAY YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE
Please refer to the Section on Application Processing Fee to determine the fee you must pay
STEP 6: PRINT AND MAIL IN/HAND DELIVER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Included in the Acknowledgement letter is a link to download the Undergraduate Confirmation Receipt for your application. You must print, fill out and sign the Confirmation Receipt. Mail or hand deliver the signed Undergraduate Confirmation Receipt along with the other required supporting documents to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar
Student Affairs (Admissions)
The Lloyd Braithwaite Student Administration Building
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine Campus
Trinidad & Tobago W.I.
Materials sent to the UWI in unlabeled or incorrectly labelled envelopes may result in a delay in the processing of your application.
Please note that your application will not be processed until we receive the completed UNDERGRADUATE Confirmation Receipt with all supporting documents from you.
Your confirmation receipt would only be valid if you have fully completed your online application. Supporting documents (See Section above on DOCUMENTS REQUIRED for details) must be received at the Admissions Office by the deadline stated in your Acknowledgement Letter. Please note it is important that you adhere to ALL stipulated deadlines
- Any change to your faculty and/ or programme of choice should be submitted in writing to the Admissions Office of your campus of 1st Choice no later than June30. Late requests will not be accepted.
Step 7: Track Your Application
Track the progress of your application at any time using our website.
- Start at the webpage http://sta.uwi.edu/admissions/track Login using the Login ID and PIN created in STEP 2 above.
- On the Applicant Menu Page, scroll down to the Submitted Applications Section.
- Click the link displayed in Admission Term of the application you wish to track.
Please allow 3 weeks for your application to be entered in the system.
STEP 8: VIEW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS LETTER (PROCESSED APPLICATIONS ONLY)
When your application has been processed by the Admissions Office you would be able to view a detailed letter online.
To view the Application Status Letter do the following:
- Start at the webpage http://sta.uwi.edu/admissions/track Log in using the Login ID and PIN created in STEP 2
- On the Applicant Menu, go to the Processed Applications Section.
- Click on the link which indicates the semester and Programme you applied to pursue.
- Click on the link "Application Status Letter [click here]"
- Print the Application Status Letter and retain a copy for your record.
NB: If your Application Status Letter indicates outstanding items, every effort should be made to submit these documents by the stipulated deadlines.
STEP 9: FOLLOW UP/ACCEPTANCE
- Review your Acknowledgement Card for the dates and deadlines to see when you should expect an e-mail notification.
- Successful applicants would be notified of acceptance to their programme of 1st/2nd/3rd/4th choice via e-mail.