The UWI After School Care Centre [ASCC]
- Interactions between staff and children should be warm and friendly and create an inclusive environment for all children and families.
- There should be a positive relationship developed between staff and families
- Staff should work efficiently as a team
- Children should feel safe, secure and comfortable within their environment
- The Centre should provide regular learning and training opportunities for staff
- The programme should reflect the Centre’s Goals and Philosophies and accommodate children’s daily routines, development needs with an understanding of the child’s need for play.
The ASCC Mission Statement:
To provide campus-based after school child care of exceptionally high quality for the community of the UWI St. Augustine Campus. Through a child-centred approach and active parent involvement, the ASCC strives to be responsive to the diverse needs of children and their families.
The ASCC - Values:
The ASCC values developing partnerships with parents/families through open communication, professionalism, teamwork and co-operation.