Introductory Chocolate Making Course
Let us take you on a 5 day journey from bean to bar…
- Cocoa quality along the value chain
- Cocoa fermentation and drying
- The chocolate making process
- The concepts of flavor evaluation
- Packaging and Branding
- Managing business relationships and costs in chocolate making
and much more…
Make your own chocolate in our practical sessions
- Roast and prepare cocoa beans
- Formulate your own chocolate
- Design your wrapper
- Conch, Temper and mould you own chocolate bars
Training Cost: TT$5,000 per person.
This will cover the cost of venue, tuition, all consumables (lunch excluded) and tea breaks for five days.
Each participant will take home chocolates they made and a certificate of participation will be awarded.
Changes for 2017
For 2017, the cost has been increased to $5,000.00 TTD per person with the addition of a field component as well as additional material/sessions and an additional day.
The field exercises will be done in the CRC cocoa fields on The UWI St. Augustine campus.
Due to the increased demand, CRC will attempt to schedule a chocolate making course every other month for a total of 6 courses per year, until further notice.
2017 Course dates
February 20-24 - Fully booked - can be placed on stand-by list
For more information and registration, please contact:
Dr. Darin Sukha, Darin.Sukha@sta.uwi.edu or
Ms. Naailah Ali, Naailah.Ali@sta.uwi.edu
Phone/Fax: 1 868 662 8788