Close Menu




Faculty: Science and Technology

Deadline Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
View Further Particulars Document

Minimum Qualifications

PhD in Zoology or a related discipline



A track record of scholarly activity, such as postdoctoral research/training and refereed research publications is essential. Experience in securing external research funding, pursuing independent research, managing laboratories and development of university level courses/programmes would be advantageous. Evidence of excellence in teaching, curriculum development and educational technology will be an additional asset.


Areas of Specialization

A strong background in Terrestrial Vertebrate Ecology and/or Behavioural Ecology. Research experience in Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in the tropics will be an advantage.



Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses related to zoology/animal sciences and ecology, develop a high quality research programme, supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research students, attract external grant funding for research, assist in curriculum reform, manage teaching and research laboratories.


Personal Attributes

The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity and who can work well in a team environment. The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English, and willingness to work collaboratively with academic and support staff within the department.


Applications (two copies) should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I., Fax No. 1-868-663-9684.  Full particulars of qualifications, experience, date of birth, nationality, marital status and the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organisation) must be indicated.  Application forms can also be obtained at the above address and at  In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.