To be the Academy of choice for Microsoft Training, Testing and Certification.
In keeping with the mission of The University of the West Indies, the Microsoft IT Academy aims to promote and encourage the use of Microsoft Products to foster effective and efficient use of technology.
- To train all clients to acquire the technical skills needed to create professional documents, through the use of Microsoft Productivity Tools.
- To train educators to use technology to enhance the Learning Processes in order to increase the efficiency of academic and administrative processes.
- To assist UWI students in becoming Microsoft Certified, preparing them to compete in the global marketplace.
- To provide on-the-job training (OJT) to UWI staff to use Microsoft Productivity Tools to increase their efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace.
- To introduce persons to innovative Microsoft Products.
- To facilitate Testing and Certification for Microsoft Products