About the RDI Fund
The UWI-Trinidad and Tobago Research and Development Impact Fund
Click on the links below to be taken to that section:
- Climate Change and Environmental Issues
- Crime, Violence and Citizen Security
- Economic Diversification and Sector Competitiveness
- Finance and Entrepreneurship
- Public Health
- Technology and Society: Enhancing Efficiency, Competitiveness and Social well-being
Full-time academic staff at UWI St. Augustine shall serve as Lead Researchers/Project Team Leaders for proposals submitted to the RDI Fund. Part-time Lecturers, Assistant Lecturers, Instructors, Demonstrators, Research Assistants, post-doctoral researchers, and PhD students may serve as team members.
The maximum amount that can be requested is TT$ 2 million
Project execution should not exceed 3 years (36 consecutive months).
- Short-term contracts/consultancies
- Inputs/ingredients, chemicals and other materials related to the conducting of experiments and/or sample testing
- Organization of technical meetings, workshops, focus groups, stakeholder consultations, etc.
- Educational and promotional material in print and electronic format
- Project-related equipment (not exceeding 40% of the total project budget)
- Expenses related to travel and/or the organization of meetings during the execution of project activities (not exceeding 10% of the total project budget)
- Expenses related to print, electronic or radio advertisement and/or other media promotion (not exceeding TT$100,000)
- Acquisition or upgrade of land, property, vehicle or physical assets
- Short-term contracts/consultancies for persons who are already full-time employees of the UWI
- Consultancies or short-term contracts for persons who are full-time employees of other institutions shall be consistent with the policies in force at those institutions or shall otherwise be deemed ineligible
- Refreshments for meetings and conferences
- Honoraria and/or appearance fees for guest speakers at any project-related events
- Reimbursements for personal funds spent on project-related items or activities. [However, Faculty or Departmental advances, not exceeding TT$10,000, which are related to approved project activities, shall be eligible for reimbursement]
- Personal ICT tools and/or products such as cell phones, laptop computers, etc.
- Departmental or Faculty charges
* Additional details are provided in the Operational Guidelines
Project Team Leaders shall firstly submit a Concept Note outlining the proposed project for evaluation by the Fund’s Technical Evaluation Committee. The template for the Concept Note is available in the Documents section of this website.
Additional details on the application process and criteria for evaluation are provided in the RDI Fund’s Operational Guidelines. An electronic copy is available in the Documents section of this website.