Registration for Semesters I and II 2012 / 2013
Registration Guide | Postgraduate Handbook | 4 Step Process | Banner Registration Manual | Financial Information | Important Dates | Labs | Academic Advising | Registration Holds | Register Now
Please read the following carefully and carry out the instructions included therein. This will assist you greatly in registering for your courses and avoid major difficulties. You should also read this in conjunction with your Postgraduate Student Handbook and Faculty Postgraduate Booklet before beginning your on-line registration.
Before proceeding to register on line please ensure that you have advised the office of graduate studies and research that you are accepting the offer by e-mailing us at Post.Graduate.Offers@sta.uwi.edu if you have not already done so.
Students of the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business - Click Here
Important Information / Dates
With effect from semester 1-2009/2010 academic year, any student who writes an examination(s) for a course (s) for which he/she is not registered will not be credited for such course/s.
HOW TO REGISTER
For the academic year 2012/2013 ALL students will be required to register Online using the Banner Student Administration System at http://sta.uwi.edu/registration . This means that students can register online via the web from anywhere, either on-campus or off-campus, using a computer with internet access between the hours of 6.00 a.m to 12.00 midnight Eastern Standard Time.
REGISTRATION BY SEMESTER ONLY
You are asked to note specifically that you are required to register every semester until you are awarded your degree. There will therefore be two (or three) periods of registration every year depending on the structure of your programme ie Semester I, Semester II and Summer (where applicable). This means that:
- All students will be required to register by semester only
- Students will be required to do on-line registration at the beginning of Semester I for ONLYsemester I and Year Long courses. When one registers for Year Long courses a Semester 2 reading, however, will appear on the Fee Assessment Invoice. This is normal.
- Students will be required to do on-line registration at the beginning of Semester II for ONLYsemester II courses and similarly for Summer.
- New First Time Students who have no Semester I courses will be required to seek deferral of registration to the next semester. Continuing students who have no Semester I or Semester II courses will be required to apply for a Leave of Absence for the relevant semester.
- If you have only Year Long Courses to register for then you must still register during Semester I for these Year Long courses by registering for REGS1000
- If you have other courses including Year Long courses to register for in Semester I there would be no need to use REGS 1000 for the year long course. Register as normal.
Postgraduate Registration for Undergraduate courses:
Postgraduate Students, for example, Qualifying Students, required to register for Undergraduate courses are reminded that they can only do so by registering under the SO2 section. If the courses do not appear there please contact the Office of Graduate Studies and Research by calling extensions 82613 or 84190.
The following dates are therefore important:
ONLINE REGISTRATION DATES:
Semester I: August 27, 2012 to September 14th, 2012
Late registration/Late Fee of TT$200.00 applies from September 10th, 2012
Change of Registration (ADD/DROP): There is NO SPECIFIED ADD/DROP PERIOD. Registration remains open until September 14th, 2012.
Semester II: January 14th, 2013 to February 8th, 2013
Late registration/Late Fee applies from February 4th, 2013
Change of Registration (ADD/DROP): There is NO SPECIFIED ADD/DROP PERIOD. Registration remains open until February 8th, 2013
Summer: Dates to be published
NOTE: Registration will not be permitted after September 14th, 2012 for Semester I OR February 8th, 2013 for Semester II without the approval of the Campus Committee for Graduate Studies and Research.
For students who do not have access to the internet, Computer Labs will be made available for use Monday to Friday- 9am - 6pm but in some instances these times will vary. Click here to view lab availability.
ACADEMIC ADVISING SCHEDULE
Click on the Faculty/Department name listed below to download their Orientation & Academic Advising Schedule:
Please be reminded that academic advising holds have been placed on the record of New First Time Students who MUST attend for academic advising. These holds can be removed ONLY by the representative in the department at the point of academic advising. The Office of Graduate Studies and Research is not authorized to remove such holds.
- Student ID, Accommodation, Regulations, Library Orientation, Health Services, Important Dates and Campus Life information can be found in the Postgraduate Handbook
- Contact Helpdesk with BANNER-Related Queries-via telephone and email during the registration period Monday to Friday:- 8:30AM – 4:30PM
August 27-September 14, 2012;
January 14 to February 08, 2013
Telephone Number 662-2002 – Extensions – 83969, 83970, 83971, 83972 OR
- Students requiring assistance from Graduate Studies can call Tel 1 868 662 2002 Ext. 84190/84191
- Arthur Lok Jack Contact Numbers: 662 - 9894/5, 645 - 6700, 663 - 0222. Visit their website at www.lokjackgsb.org
- Financial Clearance Queries: Tel. 662-2002 Ext. 82143, 83382, 83379. See Postgraduate Financial Information Booklet.
- Registration Assistance is available from Computer Kiosks located in the lobby area of the new Student Administration Building
- Only tuition fees are payable by semester
- All Compulsory Fees and Halls of Residence Fees are payable in full at the beginning of the academic year
- Fees are payable at any branch of the Republic Bank Ltd.
- Students must deposit the fee assessment invoice and proof of payment of all fees/scholarship/funding in Boxes provided at the Bursary, Ground Floor of the New Student Administration Building
- For Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago ONLY the GATE Form with a copy of the New T&T Birth Certificate (with PIN) should also be deposited in these boxes.* See Revised Policy for the GATE and HELP programmes
- Students who were born outside of Trinidad and Tobago must provide proof of citizenship by attaching a copy of student’s passport and national identification card showing citizenship of Trinidad & Tobago to the GATE Form
- Citizens must show evidence to the institution that they have been residing in Trinidad and Tobago for three (3) years prior to completing GATE Application Form
- Check online for financial clearance within five days.
- If you have not received Financial Clearance visit the Student Account Customer Service Representative, Ground Floor, Student Administration Building for clarification
Click here for Financial Information for ALL Graduate Programmes
NOTE: Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago ONLY who are registering for the first time in Semester II of the 2012/2013 academic year must deposit the GATE FORM together with a copy of the new T&T Birth Certificate (with PIN), receipt of payment of all fees and other documents identified above. Postgraduate students who completed and submitted a GATE FORM in Semester I of registration will not be required to do so for Semester II.
NOTE: Postgraduate students who are registered in programmes covering three semesters will be required to pay their full fees within the first two semesters.
New students must meet with Faculty or Departmental Representatives for advising on the courses for which they must register. It is advisable that continuing students also avail themselves of this opportunity for academic advising.
Faculty Academic Advising Worksheet/Form: this indicates the courses for which a student should register each semester and informs the student’s on-line registration. The form is for student’s guidance only and must be retained by the student.
Postgraduate Registration Guide
Download online registration guide
4 Step Registration Process
Click here to download
Banner Registration Manual
Click here to download
Telephone No. (868) 662-2002 Exts. 83064, 84191, and 85018
Fax: (868) 645-7327.