Issue Home >>
Vice Chancellor’s Awards 2011
Vice-Chancellor of The UWI, Professor E. Nigel Harris, presented awards to seven outstanding University staff members at a ceremony held at the St. Augustine Campus on October 5. Professors Kathleen Coard, Minerva Thame, Anthony Clayton and Mrs. Eda Martin of the Mona Campus; Dr. Anna-May Edwards-Henry and Professor Vijay Naraynsingh, St. Augustine Campus, and Professor Julie Meeks Gardner of the Open Campus, were this year’s recipients of the prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence was established in 1993 under former Vice-Chancellor, Sir Alister Mc Intyre to recognize high achievement by academic and senior administrative staff of The UWI. Awards are given in the following areas: Teaching, Administration and Research Accomplishments, Service to the University Community, Contributions to Public Service, and All-round Excellence in a combination of two or more of the five core areas.
The 2011 Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence were presented to:
- Professor Anthony Clayton, Institute of Sustainable Development, Mona, for Public Service
- Professor Kathleen Coard, Department of Pathology, Mona, for Teaching
- Dr. Anna-May Edwards-Henry, Instructional Development Unit, St. Augustine, for Service to the University Community
- Mrs. Eda Martin, Office of Finance, Vice Chancellery, Mona, for Service to the University Community
- Professor Julie Meeks Gardner, Caribbean Child Development Centre, Open Campus, for All-round performance in Research & Public Service
- Professor Vijay Naraynsingh, Department of Clinical Surgical Sciences, St. Augustine, for Research
- Professor Minerva Thame, Department of Child Health, Mona, for Research