Mr Joseph Ince
In the role of Research Associate for the Office of the Deputy Principal, Joseph is responsible for coordinating activities within the department of Careers, Co-curricular and Community Engagement. The role includes:
- Coordinate the timetabling of Co-Curricular courses
- Design new courses to add to Co-curricular curriculum
- First Examiner for eight (8) Co-curricular Courses
- Project Planning and Implementation
- Research/statistics, evaluation and design of development Projects
- Provision of staff training.
Prior to joining the University of the West Indies, Joseph was the Director of Incegroup, he has travelled to several parts of the Caribbean to work and is a strong supporter of the Caricom Single Market and Economy (CSME).
He has developed customized databases for almost every industry: Retail, manufacturing, banking, pharmaceutical, dental, tourism, fashion, telecommunications, education and Law firms.
Joseph has wrote for the Caricom Integrationist 2009 issue “Information and Communication Technologies-A Driver for the Region’s Economic Survival”, and was the first Eastern Caribbean national to be a finalist for the Organisation of American States (OAS) innovation award held in Medellin, Colombia in 2008, where Incegroup was one of 30 companies selected out of 850 worldwide.
Incegroup was also mentioned in a book written by Forbes contributor Rob Salkowitz, “Young World Rising: How Youth Technology and Entrepreneurship are Changing the World from the Bottom Up”, which seeks to provide a global view of the perspectives of Generation X and Y, the changing dynamics of demographics, technology and globalization and how these factors are creating new opportunities for poor young world and the old world economies.
Motto: IF YOU CAN DREAM IT - WE CAN DESIGN IT!
- M.Sc Project Management (UCI)
Fellowships and Training
- ALCATEL MDR 8000 DS-3 Programming
- ERICSSON RBS models 2102/2202/2106/2206 Programming
- ERICSSON Mini-link model 7-E Configuration
- WORLD BANK Certification (2015-2016) Risk Management, Public Procurement and Contract Management.
Research Interest Groups
- Application Development.
- Rapid Prototyping Methodology.
- Fifteen (15) years Database development experience in various industries: Banking, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Hotel/Restaurant POS, HealthCare/Medical Research and Education.
Honours and Awards
- Organization of American States (OAS) Scholarship, M.Sc in Project Management
- Incegroup was mentioned in a book "Young World Rising: How Youth Technology and Entrepreneurship are Changing the World from the Bottom Up" by Rob Salkowitz.
- OAS/TIC Americas Innovation award First Eastern Caribbean finalist for Innovation (Medellin, Colombia).
- Interview panelist for the World of Work (WOW) programme at the University of the West Indies
- Elected a Director on the Board for the Saint Vincent Building and Loan Association (2013-2015)
- The Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) advanced certified Scuba diver.
- BUSINESS SYSTEMS FOR SME’S - Communicating and Interpreting Business Processes using the Rapid Prototyping model.