Our staff come from a variety of backgrounds in higher education and experience and have expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods. Our areas of specialization include:
- Advanced Statistics: Using statistical methods to explore relationships between variables and develop explanatory and predictive models.
- Monitoring, Assessment and Evaluation: Using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed research methods to help the campus understand its effectiveness and make changes to improve over time.
- Data Visualization: Using best practices to effectively communicate data through visualizations, dashboards, and automated reports.
- Information Science: Using collaborative data management techniques to model, audit, and maintain data to facilitate institutional reporting and analysis.
- Strategic Planning: Using organizational management expertise to contribute to the setting of priorities and strengthening of operations to ensure that stakeholders are working towards common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess the organization's direction in response to a changing environment.
Mrs. Reanti Singh - Head, Campus Office of Planning & Institutional Research
Mrs. Singh has management responsibility to guide and lead the COPIR's function of planning and institutional research for the Campus in support of the University’s mission and strategic initiatives. She has oversight over design of projects, data analysis, interpretation of analysis and preparation of reports for both internal and external use and distribution. Mrs. Singh liaises with the University’s administrative decision makers in order to facilitate strategic planning, policy-making, assessment of Campus effectiveness and other processes requiring sound strategic analysis. She works cooperatively with the University Office of Planning and Development to support the University-wide Strategic planning process.
Telephone 662-2002 Ext. 83936
Ms. Melissa Berkley - Institutional Research Analyst
Ms. Berkley provides expertise and skills in research design, data collection, analysis and reporting of information in supporting the institutional research function. She also assists in the planning process and in the execution of research projects and analyses and supports the compilation of information in respect of environmental scanning, forecasting, benchmark data and other trends in institutional research.
Telephone 662-2002 Ext. 85481
Ms. Keren Wilson - Planning Officer/Research Analyst III
Ms. Wilson provides expertise and skills in research design, data collection, analysis and reporting of information in supporting the institutional research function. She also supports the coordination of strategic planning efforts and the execution of research projects and analyses and supports the compilation of information in respect of environmental scanning, forecasting, benchmark data and other trends in institutional research.
Telephone: 662-2002 Ext. 83119