- About Us
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Business Development Unit
- Contact us
You can enrol in any of the courses. Click on the Department Links to view the courses available (Maximum number of courses – 3)
HOW TO REGISTER
STEP 1: OBTAIN FACULTY APPROVAL
1. Download the Summer School Application/ Registration form at: http://sta.uwi.edu using the link https://uwi.jotform.com/201605519824858
2. Submit the completed form together with scanned copies of all supporting documents to the respective Faculty email address, for Dean’s approval.
3. Faculty decision forwarded via email within 24 to 48 hours. Once approved, a UWI Student ID and password will be provided and student can proceed with registration.
STEP 2: SELECT COURSES ONLINE
Note: Check the course offerings webpage for a list of courses being offered in Summer School before seeking to select course(s) online.
UWI STUDENTS [St. Augustine Campus ONLY] [Currently enrolled students]
STEP 3: PRINT COMPLETED REGISTRATION FEE ASSESSMENT/INVOICE
The Registration Fee Assessment/Invoice printout will indicate the fees payable based on the course load and must be used to obtain financial clearance.
STEP 4: ENROLL IN FEE PAY TO OBTAIN FINANCIAL CLEARANCE (NEW AND MANDATORY)
1. Log in to the Student Portal to register for Fee Pay.
2. Click "mySecureArea".
3. Follow the order of activities under the heading ‘Registration Road Map’
⦁ Select the semester with an active status to enrol for courses online
⦁ Print Fee Sheet
⦁ Select ‘Fee Pay’ to enroll in a payment plan. See tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzSl5lgAIA
NB. All fees (including any applicable late charges) must be paid by the last working day of July 2022.
Students can pay fees at any branch of Republic Bank Ltd. as follows:
1. Payment can be made on The UWI student bank deposit slip or general deposit slip using Account Number: 160 284 581 001 CHQ.
2. The student’s name, address, and UWI Student ID number are to be entered on the bank deposit slip.
3. The Bank Teller to return 2 copies of the UWI deposit slip or a validated print of transaction.
Online Payment Procedures:
1.Log on to the Student Portal at my.uwi.edu
2.Log on to mySecureArea
3. Select Student Services & Financial Aid
4. Click Student Records
5. Select FEE Pay
Follow the steps from there to complete payment.
Note: Click in the field with the amount and change it to the desired figure. Once the payment is completed an email confirming payment will be received.
For payments through Internet Banking or Wire Transfer (use the information below):
TTD Deposits ONLY
Republic Bank Limited
UWI, St. Augustine, Trinidad
Swift Address RBNKTTPX
Account: 160 284 581 001 CHQ
Account Name: The University of the West Indies
Reason for Payment: Provide details e.g. Student ID #, Name, Reference #, etc.
USD Deposits ONLY
Intermediary Bank (Pay – Through Bank):
FW 026 009 593
Bank of America
100 West 33rd Street
New York 10001
Receiving Bank (Holder of the recipient’s account):
Account #65503 52163
Republic Bank Limited
Swift Address: RBNKTTPX
Account No. / Beneficiary Customer:
Account #0002/110/10635 CHQ
The University of the West Indies, St Augustine
Reason for payment: Provide details e.g. Student ID #, Name, Reference #, etc.
STEP 5: MAINTAIN FINANCIAL CLEARANCE
1. Submit Registration Documents: These must be submitted via e-Courier at https://e-courier.ca/aQ?is=Zjkl33oH3Y8e using your UWI student email before the installment payment deadline dates. You are required to scan and upload the following documents (where applicable) as ONE PDF document.
2. Signed fee assessment sheet
3. Signed e-GATE application form (where applicable)
4. Scholarship letter (where applicable)
5. Proof of payment (where applicable)
6. Bank Deposit Slip (Front and Back)
7. Online Transfer
8. Wire transfer
9. Final Project/Thesis Submission receipt (where applicable)
10. Approved Tuition Waiver Forms (where applicable)
The PDF documents should be re-named using:
1. Student ID number
2. Student’s full name (first name and last name)
3. Faculty (Choose from: FSS, FST, FMS, FOE, FHE, FFA, FOL, AOS-Academy of Sport)
STEP 6: GET YOUR UWI STUDENT ID CARD/SMART CARD
NEW STUDENTS having obtained financial clearance visit the following link https://idcard.sta.uwi.edu to receive further instructions on how to access the UWI Student ID/Smart card. For further information, contact us at IDCard.Help@sta.uwi.edu
New ID cards/Smart Cards are only issued to NEW/Re-Entry Students/Students from other UWI campuses.
⦁ You must obtain financial clearance in order to obtain a UWI Student ID Card/Smart Card.
⦁ You must produce picture identification (i.e. valid passport or National ID card) to obtain your UWI Student ID Card/Smart card.
⦁ On receiving financial clearance the UWI Student ID Card/Smart Card is automatically revalidated
⦁ If previous UWI ID card has not been replaced with the new Smartcard ID card, a new UWI Smart Card must be obtained. Please produce the old ID card to the ID Card Office for immediate replacement.
⦁ If the UWI ID Card has expired, students are required to have your photograph taken to obtain a new UWI Smart Card.
• Our Faculty handbook For information about our faculty and courses, please review our faculty handbook https://sta.uwi.edu/resources/documents/facultybooklets/SocsciUndergrad.pdf
• Student Registration Instruction Guide For further information about summer please feel free to check out the admissions page https://sta.uwi.edu/registration/procedure.asp
1. Helpdesk BANNER-Related Queries
2. Financial Clearance Queries
⦁ FEE Pay/ Financial Clearance Queries
⦁ Service Desk at: https://sta.uwi.edu/bursary/
3. Assistance with Student Portal, PIN Reset, myeLearning
4. Student Affairs (Admissions)
For additional information required on Summer School, contact Vidiya or La Shea at 662-2002 Ext. 82670 and 82405 or e-mail at STA-FSS.SummerSchool@sta.uwi.edu