Dr Marsha PEARCE
Lecturer – Cultural Studies
Room 313B, 3rd Floor West, School of Humanities
Faculty of Humanities and Education
The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine
Phone: (868) 662-2002, Ext. 83567
Fax: (868) 663-5059
• PhD University of of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus
• BA University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus
• Visual culture
• Communication and media studies
• Politics of identity and representation
• Visual narratives of travel and tourism
• Visual research methodologies
• Pearce, Marsha. “Ready for Takeoff? Lacerated Fantasies of Caribbean Paradise in the Décollage Art of Andrea Chung.” Travel and Imagination. Eds. Garth Lean, Russell Staiff and Emma Waterton. Farnham: Ashgate, 2014.
• Pearce, Marsha. “Picturing Self.” See Me Here: A Survey of Contemporary Self-Portraits from the Caribbean. Eds. Melanie Archer and Mariel Brown. Laventille: Robert & Christopher Publishers, 2014.
• Pearce, Marsha. “Die Welt als Archipel /The World as Archipelago.” Kulturaustausch/Cultural Exchange: Journal for International Perspectives 2 (2014): 18-19.
• Pearce, Marsha. “Tropical Impressions of a Traveller: Caribbean Place and the Retouching of Sensory Experience in the Paintings of Steve Bonner.” Travel, Tourism and Art. Eds. Tijana Rakić and Jo-Anne Lester. Farnham: Ashgate, 2013.• Pearce, Marsha. “Clothes that Wear Us: Caribbean Identity and the Apparel Art of Robert Young.” Jonkonnu Arts Journal 1.1 (2013): 35-42.