Professor John B.R. Agard
Professor of Tropical Island Ecology
The University of The West Indies
St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Natural Sciences Building, New Wing, Ground Floor
Tel: UWI ext 85603
Fax: 1(868) 663-5241
Send an e-mail
- Ph.D. Zoology, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Postgraduate Diploma, Systems Analysis and Design (with Distinction), NIHERST, Trinidad and Tobago.
- M.Sc. Pollution & Environmental Control (with Distinction), The University of Manchester, U.K.
- B.Sc. (General) Chemistry and Zoology (with Honours), UWI, Trinidad and Tobago.
- 2010- Lead Author, Small Islands- Chapter, Inter-Governmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 5th Assessment Report.
- 2009-2011 Member Independent Advisory Group (IAG) on Environmental and Sustainability Safeguards Policy to the Board of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Washington D.C., USA.
- 2009- Member, Research Committee, Iwokrama International Centre for Rainforest Conservation and Development, Guyana.
- 2008-2011 Member, Caribbean Sea Commission, Association of Caribbean States (ACS).
- 2008-2009 Member CARICOM Climate Change Task Force.
- 2005-2008 Chairman, Board of Directors, Environmental Management Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (EMA).
- 2008-2012 Member, Board of Directors and Trustee, The Cropper Foundation (TCF), Trinidad and Tobago.
On-going Research Projects:
- Project for Ecosystem Services (ProEcoServ) (Global: www.proecoserv.org Local: www.proecoservtt.org)
- Global-Local Socio-economic Climate Change Scenarios for the Caribbean (GoLoCarSce) (www.golocarsce.org)
- Nariva Swamp Restoration and Carbon Sequestration Project (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAElW1QdDRw).
Revised: 2 November 2015