Professor John B.R. Agard
Professor of Tropical Island Ecology
Head of Department of Life Sciences
The University of The West Indies
St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Natural Sciences Building, New Wing, Ground Floor
Tel: UWI ext 83095
Fax: 1(868) 663-5241
Send an e-mail
- Ph.D. Zoology, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Postgraduate Diploma, Systems Analysis and Design (with Distinction), NIHERST, Trinidad and Tobago.
- M.Sc. Pollution & Environmental Control (with Distinction), The University of Manchester, U.K.
- B.Sc. (General) Chemistry and Zoology (with Honours), UWI, Trinidad and Tobago.
- 2010- Lead Author, Small Islands- Chapter, Inter-Governmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 5th Assessment Report.
- 2009-2011 Member Independent Advisory Group (IAG) on Environmental and Sustainability Safeguards Policy to the Board of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Washington D.C., USA.
- 2009- Member, Research Committee, Iwokrama International Centre for Rainforest Conservation and Development, Guyana.
- 2008-2011 Member, Caribbean Sea Commission, Association of Caribbean States (ACS).
- 2008-2009 Member CARICOM Climate Change Task Force.
- 2005-2008 Chairman, Board of Directors, Environmental Management Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (EMA).
- 2008- Member, Board of Directors and Trustee, The Cropper Foundation (TCF), Trinidad and Tobago.
On-going Research Projects:
- Project for Ecosystem Services (ProEcoServ) (Global: www.proecoserv.org . Local: TT project link).
- Global-Local Socio-economic Climate Change Scenarios for the Caribbean (GoLoCarSce).
- Nariva Swamp Restoration and Carbon Sequestrationion Project (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAElW1QdDRw).
Revised: 18 March, 2013