Dr Beular Mitchell's research interests include Curriculum Policy and Implementation, Education Reform and Teacher Education. She has made several presentations, the focus of which has been curriculum implementation and teacher education, at local, regional and international conferences.
- Kalloo, R. C., Mitchell, B. & Kamalodeen, V. J. (2020). Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in Trinidad and Tobago: Challenges and opportunities for teacher education, Journal of Education for Teaching, DOI: 10.1080/02607476.2020.1800407
- Mitchell, B & Kent, N. (2017). Teacher education and classroom practice: The perspectives of recent graduates of a teacher education programme in ICET 2016 60th World Assembly. 60thYearbook of Teacher Education. C. Hordatt-Gentles (Ed.) pp. 184 – 198. http://www.icet4u.org/docs/Jamaica_2016.pdf.
- Barrow, D. A., Mitchell, B., & Kent, N. N. (2016). Innovation transformation, computer technology and students’ holistic development: Stakeholders’ perceptions of a 1:1 laptop project in Tobago. In Transforming Learning: International Perspectives (pp. 138-158). Newcastle, United Kingdom: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. For more information about Cambridge Scholars Publishing, please visit www.cambridgescholars.com
- Mitchell B. & Harry S. (2015). An Investigation into Teachers’ Perspectives of the Factors that Facilitate the Implementation of the e-CAL Curriculum Change Initiative in Trinidad and Tobago. International Journal of Digital Society (IJDS) 6 (3) pp. 1058 – 1065.
- Mitchell, B. (2017). The design of teacher education programmes and transfer of learning: an evaluation of the post graduate in-service Diploma in Education programme at The University of the West Indies, St Augustine. Paper presented at the International Study Association on Teachers and Teaching (ISATT) 2017 Biennial Conference, Salamanca, Spain.
- Mitchell, B. (2017). Curriculum theory in the postcolonial classroom: implications for teaching and teacher education in Trinidad and Tobago. Paper presented at the Trinidad and Tobago Association of Teacher Educators (TTATE) conference 2017 - November 22-23, 2017, the School of Education, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine.
- Mitchell, B. (2016). Teacher education and classroom practice: The perspectives of recent graduates of a teacher education programme. Paper presented at the International Council on Education for Teaching (ICET) 60th World Assembly, Kingston, Jamaica.
- Mitchell, B. (2015). Innovation Transformation, Computer Technology and Student Holistic Development: Stakeholders’ Perceptions of a One-To-One Laptop Project in Tobago. Paper presented at the Schools of Education Biennial Conference 2015, UWI, Cavehill, Barbados
- Mitchell B. & Harry S. (2015). An Investigation into Teachers’ Perspectives of the Factors that Facilitate the Implementation of the e-CaL Curriculum Change Initiative in Trinidad and Tobago. Paper presented at the Canadian International Conference on Education (CICE – 2015), Toronto, Canada. (June 2015)
- Mitchell B. (2013). The eConnect and Learn Curriculum Change in Three Secondary Schools in the St Patrick District in Trinidad – The Voice of the Teacher. Paper presented at the School of Education’s Biennial Conference 2013, UWI, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Mitchell, B. (2013). The Status of Teacher Education in Trinidad and Tobago: A Quest for Standards. Paper presented at the Schools of Education’s Biennial Conference 2013, UWI, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago.