Dr Stephen Geofroy is keenly interested in Teacher education; Gender and Education; Educational Foundations; Moral education and Education and Spirituality.
- Geofroy, S., Bitu, B., Barras, D., Lochan, S., Mc Leod, L., Stephens- James, L., & Valentine-Lewis, A. (2019). Emancipatory teaching practices in the understandings of Social Sciences teachers on a Diploma of Education programme. In J. Mena, A. García-Valcárcel, F. J. Garcia-Peñalvo (Eds.), Teachers’ professional development in global contexts; Insights from Teacher Education (pp.179–198). Leiden, The Netherlands: Brill|Sense. ISBN 978-90-04-40536-3 (e-book).
- Geofroy, S., Bitu, B., Barras, D., Lochan, S., Mc Leod, L., Stephens-James, L., & Valentine-Lewis, A. (2017). Emancipatory teaching practices in the understandings of Social Sciences teachers on a Diploma of Education programme. In J. Mena, A. García-Valcárcel, F. J. G. Peñalvo, M. Martín del Pozo (Eds.), Search and research: Teacher education for contemporary contexts (pp.397-407). Salamanca, Spain: Ediciones Universidad de Salamanca.
- Geofroy, S., Joseph-Alleyne, G., Mohammed, J., & Pierre, P. (2017). Adventures in building a learning community: Experiences in reformulating a course in educational foundations. International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives, 16(2). (IEJ: CP)
- Plummer D., Geofroy S. and Alvarez A. (2017). Navigating the liminal space between childhood and manhood in the Caribbean. How are cultural spaces and physical places divided between the sexes? The Journal of Public Space, 2(1), 5-14, DOI: 10.5204/jps.v1i1.5
- Barras, D., Bitu. B., Geofroy, S., Lochan, S., McLeod, L., & Ali, S. (2016). Social Sciences teachers’ perceptions of transformatory learnings from an initial in-service professional development programme at The University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago, 2013-14. Caribbean Curriculum, 24, 2016, 75–99.
- Ali, S., Barras, D., Bitu, B., Geofroy, S., Lochan, S. and Mc Leod, L. (2015). Did they learn anything? Experiences of Social Sciences teachers on an initial in-service post-graduate teacher education programme, 2013/14, at The School of Education, UWI, St Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago. Caribbean Teaching Scholar, 5(2), 63-78. Available at http://journals.sta.uwi.edu/cts/index.asp
- Geofroy, S. (2016). In the Wilderness - Update on journey to publishing PhD Thesis. Presentation made at Discussion /Trends Staff seminar at the School of Education on 6th April 2016.
- Geofroy, S. (2015). Introducing the Teaching of Interreligious Studies in the Education System of Trinidad and Tobago. Co-presentation of a proposal entitled at the Research in Education Brown Bag Lunch Series of the Ministry of Education, Trinidad & Tobago on 17th December, 2015.
- Geofroy, S. Ali, S., Bitu, B. & Barras, D. (2015). Social Sciences teachers’ perceptions of transformatory learnings from an initial in-service professional development programme at The University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago, 2013-14. Presentation at The Biennial Conference of the UWI Schools of Education (The UWI, Cave Hill, June, 2015).
- Geofroy, S. & Ali, A. (2015). Perspectives of administrators of Islamic secondary schools (within predominantly Indian-Trinidadian School settings) on masculine construction. Presentation at the Conference on Indian Diaspora – Conference commemorating the 170th Anniversary of Indian Arrival in Trinidad & Tobago at The UWI, St Augustine, May 2015.
- Geofroy, S. (2014). Degree of Separation: The State and Religion in Trinidad & Tobago Today. At Cave Hill Philosophy Symposium III (CHIPS X) ‘Religion’. Abstract accessible online at the CHIPS website via the U.W.I. Cave Hill web site.
Dr Stephen Geofroy presenting at the ISATT conference in Salamanca, Spain, 2017