Dr. Wendy-Ann P. Isaac
BSc., MSc. (UWI)
MAppl.Sc. (Lincoln, NZ)
Lecturer, Crop Science & Production
Main Research Interests
Sustainable weed management systems in banana and other vegetable crops, cover crops for weed suppression, Participatory action research techniques with small farmers.
Selected recent publications
- Wayne G. Ganpat, Wendy-Ann P. Isaac, Richard AI Brathwaite and Isaac Bekele (2009). Farmers' Attitude towards a Participatory Research and Development method used to evaluate weed management strategies in Bananas. Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension 15 (3): 235-244.
- Wendy Ann P. Isaac, Richard A.I. Brathwaite, Jane E. Cohen and Isaac Bekele. (2007). Effects of alternative weed management strategies on Commelina diffusa Burm. infestations in Fairtrade banana (Musa spp.) in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Crop Protection 26: 1219 – 1225.
- Wendy Ann P. Isaac and Richard A. I. Brathwaite (2007). Commelina species – Review of the weed status of the genus and possibilities for alternative weed management in the tropics. AgroThesis 5(1):3-18.
- Wendy Ann P. Isaac, Richard A. I. Brathwaite, Wayne G. Ganpat and Isaac Bekele. (2007). The Impact of Selected Cover Crops on Soil Fertility and weed and nematode Suppression through Farmer Participatory Research by Fairtrade Banana Growers in St. Vincent and the Grenadines: Technical Report. World Journal of Agricultural Science 3 (3): 371 – 379.
- Wendy Ann P. Isaac, George D. Hill, Bruce A. McKenzie, Graham W. Bourdôt and Chris Frampton. (2000). The effect of crop morphology and density on crop and weed productivity. Agronomy New Zealand 30: 161-167
- AGRI1010: Introduction to Crop and Livestock Production
- AGCP2001: Principles of Crop Science and Production
- AGRI2001: Tropical Crop Protection AGCP3011: Major Caribbean Export Crops
- AGCP3012: Tropical Food Crops
- AGRI3012: Agricultural Biotechnology
- AGRI6110: Principles of Crop Protection
- AGRI6210: Biology, Ecology and Epidemiology of Pests
- AGRI6220: Principles of Pest Management
- AGRI6230: Integrated Pest Management
- AGRI6250: Weed Scienc