The development, provision and support of the University web presence on the internet, via central web hosting for the University websites; also advice, training and development assistance for set up and support of websites and services based on University standards.
- Provide and operate standard University technical web environments on central web hosting facilities.
- Provide and manage the University Search Engine.
- Give advice, training and support on:
- Website and web application development.
- Use of the University technology infrastructure (including templates and content management software) for web projects.
- How to organise the management of a website within a department or team, advising on the roles and responsibilities required.
- Setting up and maintaining the University standard Professional Web Pages work with Departments or teams to help develop their websites in conjunction with the University Communications Division.
- Advise on the content architecture for a site or other design questions.
- Carry out reviews on newly developed web sites or sites undergoing major changes, to ensure compliance with branding, accessibility requirements and best practice.
- Assist with web accessibility testing and compliance.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for services on the web and recommend their use in University including guidance on web accessibility.
- Help to set the University policies, standards and guidelines for website development, operation and management.
- Use University provided services for hosting their sites, except when specifically agreed otherwise.
- Comply with University Website Policies as described in the Website owners' guide.
- Liaise with the University Communications Team and CITS for content architecture, design and Quality Assurance review.
- Ensure websites they are responsible for are compliant as required by the appropriate Web Accessibility legislation and University policy.
- Manage their website in accordance with the responsibilities laid out in the website owner's guide.
- Ensure any web site conforms to web accessibility requirements.
Requests for an Official Campus Website are accepted online by the Web Team. Read more...