Dr Dedovets’ research interests are in several specific areas. Firstly, she continues to explore the intellectual tolerance, its formation and impact on the mathematics education in the secondary school. She is especially interested in how to develop the intellectual tolerance of students through appropriate mathematical content. She is working with Professors M. Rodionov and L. Basova of Russia.
Her second main area of research relates to how secondary teachers can motivate students to learn mathematics. With her colleagues, Dr. Sharon Jaggernauth and Mrs. Nalini Ramsawak-Jodha, at the SOE, she is doing this work.
She is particularly interested in STEM research: Exploring the Use of Games to Promote Inquiry, Motivation, and Science and Mathematics Success (Achievement) Among Trinidadian Primary School Students with colleagues Dr. Patrice Juliet Pinder, Dr. Dorian Barrow, Dr. Sabeerah Abdul-Majied, Ms Sharon Jaggernauth and Mrs. Nalini Ramsawak-Jodha.
- Dedovets, Z., Rodionov, M. (2015). The Development of Student Core Competencies through the STEM Education Opportunities in Classroom. Proceeding of the 17th International Conference on Education, pp 1969- 1974. Barcelona, Spain.
- Rodionov, M., Dedovets, Z. (2015). Academic Motivation Maintenance for Students While Solving Mathematical Problems in the Middle School. Proceeding of the 17th International Conference on Education Sciences and Technology, pp. 2324 -2327. Paris, France.
- Dedovets, Z. (2015). Improving student reasoning in geometry. Modern Education: Scientific Approaches, Experience, Problems, Prospects, pp.17-22. Russia, Penza, V.G. Belinsky Penza State Pedagogical University Russia (PSPU).
- Rodionov, M., Dedovets, Z. (2015). The formation of motivational sphere for learning activity under conditions of change of one of its leading components. Proceeding of the International Conference on Education and Pedagogy, pp 377-381.Venice, Italy.
- Dedovets, Z. (2015) Learning to develop mathematics lesson with GeoGebra. Problems of Theory and Practice of Teaching Mathematics, pp.194-199. Russia, Penza.
- Dedovets, Z., Rodionov, M. (2014). The forming of students’ intellectual tolerance: theoretical study and implementation. International Journal for Cross-Disciplinary Subjects in Education (IJCDSE).
- Dedovets, Z. (2014). Engaging diverse learners through the provision of STEM education opportunities. Modern Education: Scientific Approaches, Experience, Problems, Prospects,pp.7-9. Russia, Penza, V.G. Belinsky Penza State Pedagogical University Russia (PSPU).
- Dedovets, Z. (2014). The intellectual tolerance, its formation and impact on the mathematics education in the secondary school. Proceeding of the Ireland International Conference on Education, Dublin, Ireland.
Dr Zhanna Dedovets, Conference Presenter and session Chair at the 17th International Conference on Education Sciences and Technology (ICET), Paris, France, October, 2015.