AVAILABLE FULLY ONLINE
Phone: 1(868) 662 2002 ext. 83989
The overall objective of these programmes is to provide quality and relevant education, training and research in food safety and quality to graduates who are farm managers, food processors, food service managers, nutritionists, regulators, public health inspectors, policy makers, importers and exporters regionally and world-wide who want to upgrade their skills. The programmes therefore seek to:
• Adopt a holistic approach to agri-food safety that encompasses the whole food chain- from farm or sea to plate and those aspects of food safety related to quality;
• Apply tracing techniques from the primary producers, animal husbandry, through post-harvest treatment, food processing, marketing of products, export trade and distribution to the consumers;
• Adopt a risk-based approach to agri-food control systems;
• Assess the current agri-food safety standards and food safety management programmes throughout the food chain;
• Examine strategic elements such as rick analysis, scientific advice, consumer education in food and agriculture;
• Foster interactive exchange of information and opinions throughout the risk analysis process concerning hazards and risks, risk related factors and risk perceptions among risk assessors, risk managers, consumers, industry, the academic community, policy makers and other interested parties.
*This programme is also offered as an M.Sc. Click here for more details.