- About Us
- Our Staff
- Student Information
- Career Corner
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Academic Advising 2023/2024
Our partnership with TTII in providing internship opportunities for our undergraduate students.
UWI & TTII Launch Internship Programme
The Department of Management Studies and the Trinidad and Tobago Insurance Institute (TTII) have collaborated to establish an internship programme for undergraduate students pursuing the BSc Insurance and Risk Management at The UWI.
This signature project is designed to provide an opportunity for undergraduate students enrolled in the programme to gain valuable work experience with the corporate members of TTII.
The benefits of the internship to students include:
- Exposure to industry best practices;
- Bridging the gap between academia and practical experience in the real-world setting;
- Enhancing their marketability and potential “employability”;
- Gaining hands-on experience in the world of work;
- Enhancing their holistic development;
- Having the opportunity for full-time employment.
This internship experience commences with the first offering during the period of May - August 2023. The application period and acceptance for the internship programme begins during the student’s first academic semester of their second year in their degree programme at The UWI.
An official orientation session for successful interns is carded for 2nd June, 2023.
The following companies have come on board for the 2023 summer period: CG UNITED INSURANCE TT Ltd; CIC BROKERS LIMITED; GENACTT; GENESIS Insurance Brokers & Benefits Consultants Ltd.; NAGICO Insurance (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited; Presidential Insurance Company Limited ; TATIL & TATIL LIFE.
Read more about the partnership here: News Release by Loop News