- About Us
- Careers, Co-Curricular and Community Engagement
- Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Guild Administrative Office
- Office of the Director
- Student Accommodation On and Off Campus
- Student Activities / Facilities and Commuting Students
- Student Life and Development
- CONTACT US
Hall Life & Services
Make yourself at home in one of our five on campus Halls of Residence.
Conveniently located on Main Campus, Freedom and Canada Halls are all within walking distance of the main administrative buildings, the campus’ food court and concession area, SAC, SPEC, the main library and of course the faculties of Engineering, Humanities, Food & Agriculture, Law, Science and Technology and Social Sciences. These halls are also near major roadways; the Eastern Main Road, the Priority Bus Route and the Churchill Roosevelt Highway.
The Joyce Gibson-Inniss Hall (JGI) is located at the Eric William Medical complex and is dedicated for students of the Faculty of Medical Sciences. Finally, the Sir Arthur Lewis Hall of Residence (SAL) is located on the North campus a short distance from the main campus. It is favorably located near to the Creative Arts Centre, School of Optometry, Hugh Wooding Law School and School of Nursing.
The multi-ethnic and diverse cultural heritage of our residents create a rich social experience as learning is exhibited at the various hall activities including hall concerts, annual dinners, sporting events and other formal and informal gatherings.
For a detailed description of each hall and to view our Hall Guidelines and Code of Conduct click on the links to visit each halls webpage.
We highly recommend first-year students stay at our halls of residences located on campus. The benefits of the halls are;
- Security. The halls offer a secure community with 24 hour personnel at the main entrances and access to the student shuttle to move you to and from your faculty. Halls on Campus and at Mount Hope Medical Complex are within walking distance of faculties, campus sporting and social facilities.
- Support. Each hall has a team of staff and students responsible for the well-being of our residents. From our Resident Managers and Hall supervisors to our administrative and support staff, there is someone always available or on call if you need them. In addition, we have our Student Resident Assistants, they are mature students who live on hall and have been trained to handle any emergency, offer support or be a mentor for the students in their charge. Finally, the elected Hall committee consists of residents of each hall who are the resident’s direct representatives, always looking out for the students concerns and rights.
- Transitioning. All of our services are geared to assisting students in the transition from secondary school to university life. We offer programs to help you settle in, learn study skills, deal with stress and life skills to assist you with living on your own.
- Convenience. The halls are within walking distance from your classroom, the main library, concession area, sports facilities and other campus support facilities.
- Price. All our prices are inclusive of utilities and the services mention above. Double occupancy rooms start from $5605 per semester or $1200 a month and single rooms are available from $7054 per semester or $1450 per month.
- Community: You'll meet new people, make new friends and enjoy a sense of community.
- First Year Guarantee: We guarantee accommodation to all first year undergraduate students who apply by July 1st.
- Choice: Wide range of accommodation types.
- Hall Culture: Be part of Hall concerts, sports, tours, debating, clubs, parties, we do it all!
Engaging. Full programme of activities offered to cater to all types of students. We believe the more involved you are the greater the likelihood of graduating.
- Welcome Home Orientation
- First Year Experience
- Hall Concert
- Student Employment
- Student Development Workshops
- Hall Sports
- Hall Christmas Dinner
- Val Dinner
- Residence Assistance Program
- Hall Committees and other Student Leadership Opportunities