DCIT 4th Annual Computing Boot Camp 2018
4th Annual DCIT Computing Boot Camp(CBC)
From July 9-13 2018, the Department of Computing and Information Technology (DCIT) will host its 4th Annual Computing Boot Camp (CBC) at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus.
To create a new generation of students who are motivated and interested in learning and applying Computing and Information Technology to improve Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean.
- To inspire and stimulate student interest in Computer Science and Information Technology
- To expose prospective students to leading research and innovative projects within the DCIT
- To prepare prospective students for the challenges and opportunities of university life
- Python Programming
- Raspberry Pi
- Robot Car Programming
- Web Design
- Career Guidance
- Industry Talks
- Campus Tours
- Games and Much More
- Students in Forms 5 and 6 in secondary schools
- Students entering university undergraduate programmes
Interested students who are eager to participate in our camp but fall outside our target audience are warmly encouraged to apply for entry.
Mentors and Volunteers
Current undergraduate and graduate students at the U.W.I. are invited to apply for limited positions as mentors and volunteers.(Apply here.)
Important Dates (Tentative)
Applications: May 1 - June 22, 2018 (Apply here.)
Notification of Acceptance: June 23, 2018
Registration: June 25 - July 6, 2018
Deadline for Payment: July 6, 2018
Boot Camp: July 9 - 13, 2018
The fee for attending the 2018 Computing Boot Camp (CBC) is $1299 TTD.
- Welcome Kit
- Camp materials
- Lunch, drinks and snacks
Phone: 662-2002 ext. 83080/83640