COURSE CODE: INFO 3604
COURSE TITLE: Project
PRE-REQUISITE(S): INFO 2600 OR COMP 2606
This course requires the student to implement an Information Technology project of an appropriate scope. The student will liaise with an academic supervisor. Several lectures may be given on project management and research methodologies. The course will be delivered using consultation sessions with student groups. Assignments will take the form of written deliverables, presentations and online journals.
This course will allow students to apply what they have learned from the prerequisite courses in order to implement a functional project. This course also encourages students to work with each other to achieve an objective, much like the real world. This course also allows students a project management experience with involve project planning, group communications to improve social skills and meeting deadlines.
- Assessing project feasibility
- Methods of investigation
- Project planning
- Project management methodology
- Select and implement an appropriate on some topic in IT. This may include design and implementation of a computer application
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Prepare a project plan for an Information Technology project that demonstrates an ability to follow standard project management methodology
- Manage a project from start to finish
- Write a project report