Dr Brian Cockburn
Office of the Dean
Chemistry Building (C2)
Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone: 868-662-2002 ext 84481
- Ph.D. University of The West Indies (1994)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry/Biochemistry, The University of the West Indies (1987)
Fellowships and Training
- The Rockefeller University, New York - Short Course in Analysis of Human Genetic Linkage - 1998.
- The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 - 38th Annual Short Course in Medical and Experimental Genetics - 1997.
- Research fellow - Howard Hughes Medical Institute at the University of Chicago - 1994-1997.
- Laboratory Assistant (Research) - F. Hoffmann-LaRoche, Basel, Switzerland - 1993-1994.
- Metabolic diseases: obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency and antioxidant status.
- Diabetes Screening Application
Honours and Awards
- The Caribbean Academy of Science/Third World Academy of Sciences, Young Scientist Award 2004
- Scientific Advisor to the Diabetes Association of Trinidad & Tobago
- Mr. Andrew Dhanoo (Ph.D.)