Dr Judith Gobin
Head of Department, Senior Lecturer in Zoology
Department of Life Sciences
The University of The West Indies
Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone: 1 (868) 662 2002 ext 8204
- Ph.D. (Marine Ecology) University of Exeter, England 1994.
- MPhil (Pollution Ecology) UWI, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies 1988.
- B.Sc. (Zoology/Botany) U.W.I., St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies 1982.
Fellowships and Training
- Certificate in Judicial Writing (Distinction) - 2014 University of Nevada, Judicial College
- Certificate in Teaching and Learning (Distinction) - 2013 UWI. Centre for Teaching Excellence and Learning
- Certificate in On-line teaching - 2010. UWI. Centre for Teaching Excellence and Learning
- Caribbean Deep Sea Biodiversity
- Marine Invasive Species
- Marine Biodiversity (benthos) of Rocky shores, Soft-bottom sediments and the Deep sea
- Exploration (Oil and Gas) and Industrial pollution impacts on marine benthos biodiversity
- Marine Biology, Benthic Ecology (intertidal, rocky shore, coastal and marine and Deep sea), Marine Invasives, Marine biodiversity
- Snr. Lecturer - Dept. of Life Sciences, UWI 2016- present
- Lecturer - Dept. of Life Sciences, UWI 2002-2016
Honours and Awards
- 2014 NIHERST (National Institute for Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology) Julian Kenny Award for Science (Silver)
- 2005-present: Member, Asa Wright Nature Centre Board
- Deep Sea Biology Society
- Marine Ecology
- Coastal Ecosystems Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Benthic Ecology -Deep sea benthos, DVD: Deep Sea Wonders of the Caribbean
- Ali, Lauren. MPhil. Co-supervision with Prof. I. Ramnarine: An investigation of the Shark Fishery in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Jute, Alana. PhD. An investigation into Ships’ Ballast Waters in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Ms. La Daana Kanhai: Assessment of the various levels of contamination in the Caroni Swamp. Co-supervisor with Dr. D. Beckles. (degree awarded)
- Ms. Melissa Atwell: Spatial and Temporal Variability of Water Quality Parameters in relation to Mangrove Zonation along the Godineau River, Trinidad. Co-supervisor with Dr. M. Wuddivira. (degree awarded).
- Ms. Loraine Daniel : An investigation of the benthic macrofauna of Thalassia beds of Trinidad and Tobago. Co-supervisor with Prof. I. Ramnarine. (in progress)