- About Us
- Our Courses
- Norman Girvan Library
- Research & Publications
Congratulations to our PhD students
Congratulations to Dr. Ruben Martoredjo, Dr. Dinah Hippolyte, Dr. Ricky Ramnarine and Dr. Kirt St. Bernard on the award of their PhD in International Relations degree. The IIR also recognizes the achievement of the following PhD in International Relations students who have successfully defended their PhD Theses:
- Mr. Clement Henry
- Ms. Nikita Pardesi
"Tributes to United Nations Former Secretary-General Kofi Annan who visited the IIR in the 1960’s",
The IIR is deeply saddened by the passing of former United Nations Secretary-General (UNSG), Kofi Annan. In addition to his distinguished career and leadership of the United Nations (UN), Mr Annan was a tireless advocate for peace. His strong ideals, commitment to multilateralism and a willingness to speak to everyone, embody the values to which the IIR aspires. The UWI and the IIR cherish the fact that Mr Annan was an honoured visitor who gave a guest lecture at the IIR in the 1960s, also delivering a lecture at The UWI Mona Campus in 1998 at the time of receiving an honorary doctoral degree from The University of the West Indies.
View more on Kofi Annan
- UN mourns death of former Secretary-General Kofi Annan, ‘a guiding force for good’
- Kofi Annan understood the limits of diplomacy, as well as why it’s important never to give up
(2018) Byron J., Lewis P., Gilbert-Roberts T. eds. Pan-Caribbean Integration: Beyond CARICOM
(2017) Montoute A. and K. Virk. Ed. The African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group and the European Union (EU) Development Partnership: Beyond the North-South Debate.
(2017) Mohammed D. The Modern Caribbean Economy, Volume II: Economic Development and Public Policy Challenges
Congratulations to Professor Andy Knight, Honorary Professorial Fellow, IIR & Dr. Tanya Narozhna on producing such an exceptional piece of work and on being the winners of the WGSRF Outstanding Scholarship Prize in 2018. Read more...
(2016) Narozhna T., Knight A. Female Suicide Bombings: A Critical Gender Approach
- Wednesday 17th October 2018 – 1.00p.m. – Lecture Room I / Diplomatic Dialogue with His Excellency Ambassador Sung Moonup, Embassy of the Republic of Korea on the topic: Korea: Journey to the Lasting Peace (please see flyer attached)
- Wednesday 31st October 2018 – 1.00p.m. – Lecture Room I / Diplomatic Dialogue with His Excellency Ambassador Serge Lavroff, Embassy of France (SAVE THE DATE)
- Friday 9th November 2018 – 1.00p.m. – Lecture Room I / Diplomatic Dialogue with His Excellency Ambassador Mitsuhiko Okada, Embassy of Japan on the topic: Partnerships between Japan and Caribbean countries
FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS: 13th Annual Caribbean Child Research Conference – November 15-16, 2018 – Leaving No Child Behind: The 2030 Agenda
The focus will be the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on Caribbean children. The conference is hosted by The UWI Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies (SALISES), in partnership with the Institute of International Relations, Institute of Gender and Development Studies, and the Rights for Children and Youth Partnership.
Third Regional Mixed Methods Research Conference
To purchase our polos, visit the IIR Secretariat.
"A History of the Institute of International Relations 50 Years and Beyond 1966-2016" Publication by: Drs. Khellon Roach and Raymond M. Kirton
Contact the IIR Secretariat for further details.