- About Us
- Office of the Director
- Careers, Co-Curricular and Community Engagement
- Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Guild Administrative Office
- Student Accommodation On and Off Campus
- Student Activities / Facilities and Commuting Students
- Student Life and Development
- CONTACT US
Community Engagement and Service Learning
The UWI Community Engagement and Service Learning Section is more than just volunteering. It aids in moulding active citizens, who are civically aware, morally grounded and built on the spirit of reciprocity, through participation in various community development/advancement activities and projects.
The term “Community Engagement” describes collaboration between The University of the West Indies and the larger communities (e.g. local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity. At The UWI this is an umbrella term that incorporates three distinct but interconnected areas; Community Service, Service-Learning and Community Based Research.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?