- About Us
- Future Students
- Contact Us
- Conference on the Economy 2021
Who Should Write the Mathematics Proficiency Test (MPT)?
The following candidates can write the MPT:
- The Mathematics Proficiency Test (MPT) must be written by all students who are desirous of reading for ECON 1003 but do not have a pass in GCE Additional Mathematics, GCE Advanced Level Mathematics or CAPE Mathematics.
- Students who pass the MPT will qualify to register for ECON 1003 in semester I or semester II
- Students who fail the MPT will be required to read and pass ECON 0001 before qualifying to read ECON 1003.
Semester I 2021-2022 MPT Pass List.pdf
Next Examination Schedule: Semester II, 2021/2022
Registration and Payment
1. Candidates must register ONLINE ONLY. Please register via the following link: https://uwi.jotform.com/212205219782048
Candidates must register by TBA.
2. Candidates are required to pay an examination fee of TT$200.00 using either of the following payment methods:
a. at any Republic Bank branch at Account # 160 284 614 001 stating the MPT; or
**Candidates are reminded to submit scanned bank receipts and forward it to the FSS-DeptEcon@sta.uwi.edu with their ID numbers written on the receipts or stated in the email.
Preparing for the Examination
The MPT is a multiple choice examination and students are advisied to review the courseoutline for ECON 0001 - Mathematics for Social Sciences to guide them on the topic areas to be covered in the examination.