- About Us
- Future Students
- Contact Us
- Conference on the Economy 2021
Who Should Write the Mathematics Proficiency Test (MPT)?
The following candidates can write the MPT:
- The Mathematics Proficiency Test (MPT) must be written by all students who are desirous of reading for ECON 1003 but do not have a pass in GCE Additional Mathematics, GCE Advanced Level Mathematics or CAPE Mathematics.
- Students who pass the MPT will qualify to register for ECON 1003 in semester I or semester II
- Students who fail the MPT will be required to read and pass ECON 0001 before qualifying to read ECON 1003.
Semester II, 2021/2022 MPT Past List
Next Examination Schedule: Semester I, 2022/2023
Registration and Payment
1. Candidates must register ONLINE ONLY using the following link: https://uwi.jotform.com/212205219782048. Please ensure you have an electronic (PDF) copy of your proof of payment to upload
2. Candidates must register by TBA.
3. Candidates are required to pay an examination fee of TT$200.00 using either of the following payment methods:
a. at any Republic Bank branch at Account # 160 284 614 001 stating the MPT; or
**Candidates are reminded to submit scanned bank receipts to the FSS-DeptEcon@sta.uwi.edu with their ID numbers written on the receipts or stated in the email.
Preparing for the Examination
The MPT is a multiple choice examination and students are advisied to review the courseoutline for ECON 0001 - Mathematics for Social Sciences to guide them on the topic areas to be covered in the examination.