Department of Life Sciences
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Natural Sciences Building
- PhD. (Environmental Biology) University of the West Indies, St. Augustine
- B.Sc. (major-Environmental & Natural Resource Management, minors- Biology & Marine Biology) UWI, St. Augustine 2011
- Teaching Assistant- The University of the West Indies (2014-currently)
- Chief Invigilator- The University of the West Indies (2015-currently)
- Assistant Invigilator- The University of the West Indies (2012-2015)
- Field Research Assistant- The University of the West Indies (2012-2014)
Title: Assessing the population stability of Mauritia flexuosa L.f. (Arecaceae) in the Aripo Savannas Environmentally Sensitive Area.
In order to assess the population stability of M. flexuosa (Moriche palm) within the ASESA, three major studies are being conducted, they include;
1. Investigating how sporadic fires impact on the stand structure and reproductive activity of M. flexuosa.
2. Investigating pre and post-dispersal seed predation of M. flexuosa by invertebrates and vertebrates.
3. Assessing the population stability of M. flexuosa using matrix models.
Supervisor: Dr. Mike Oatham
Co-Supervisor: Dr. Aidan Farrell
- Genotypic Specificity in Plant-Herbivore Interactions and its Application to Management of an Invasive Weed.
- The National Wildlife Survey-Chaguaramas Game Animals.
- The Provision of Baseline Biological data for the Management of the Aripo Savanna Environmentally Sensitive Area.
- Improving Forest and Protected Area Management in Trinidad and Tobago.
Arneaud, Linton Lee, Farrell Aidan, D. and Michael P. Oatham. 2017. Marked reproductive plasticity in response to sporadic fires in a tropical palm. Tropical Ecology. 58:4 693-703.
Arneaud, Linton Lee. 2018a. Do Leaf cutter ants affect Mauritia flexuosa population structure? PALMS. 62:1
Arneaud, Linton Lee. 2018b. "Sustainability measures needed to preserve 'tree of life'- Researcher." Kaieteur News, January 22.
Arneaud, Linton Lee. 2018c. “Highway of death and destruction”. Trinidad and Tobago Newsday, February 08.
Arneaud, Linton Lee. 2018d. “Don’t let highway politics destroys Aripo Savannas”. Trinidad and Tobago Newsday, March 23.
Arneaud, Linton Lee. 2017a. “Cumuto–Toco highway project. A ‘mortal blow' to our ecosystems?” Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Newspaper, November 05.
Arneaud, Linton Lee. 2017b. “Saving the tree of life”. Trinidad and Tobago Newsday, March 23.
Arneaud, Linton Lee and Sarah Evelyn. 2017. Morne Diablo Forest Reserve and Environs- Botany Group Report. Quarterly Bulletin of the Trinidad and Tobago Field Naturalist Club. Issue No: 3/2017.
Is There More to the Moriche Palm? Linton Lee Arneaud. Lecture at the Trinidad and Tobago Field Naturalists' Club Meeting, 11th May 2017. Lecture Presentation
Seed Dispersal and Predation in Mauritia flexuosa. Linton Lee Arneaud. Faculty of Science and Technology Research Symposium 6th &7th April 2017. The University of the West Indies. Oral Presentation
Sporadic Fires Impact on the Stand Structure and Reproductive Activity of Mauritia flexuosa Growing in a Tropical Savanna. Linton Lee Arneaud, Mike Oatham and Aidan Farrell. 51st Annual Meeting for the Association of Tropical Biology and Conservation (ATBC) in Cairns, Australia (20-24th July 2014). Poster Presentation
Assessing the Population and the Stability of Mauritia flexuosa (Moriche Palm) using Matrix models in the Palm Marsh Edges of Aripo Savanna Scientific Reserve, Trinidad, West Indies. Linton Lee Arneaud, Mike Oatham, Aidan Farrell and Howard Nelson. Living World, Journal of the Trinidad and Tobago Field Naturalists' Club, Supplement 1 Page 1. June 2013. Abstract