Dr Amy E. Deacon
Lecturer in Zoology
Natural Sciences Building, Room 219, New Wing.
Department of Life Sciences
The University of The West Indies
Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone: 1(868) 662 2002 ext 83093
- Ph.D. Behavioural Ecology, University of St Andrews, Scotland, U.K.
- M.Sc. Marine Biology, University of Bangor, Wales, U.K.
- B.A. Biological Sciences, University of Oxford, U.K.
Fellowships and Training
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2010-2015), ERC-funded ‘BioTIME’ project, University of St Andrews.
- Certificate in University Teaching and Learning (2016-2017), UWI
- Temporal patterns of biodiversity
- Effects of human disturbance on aquatic biodiversity
- The Trinidadian guppy as an invasive species.
- Behavioural ecology of invasive species
- Assistant Editor (2004-2005), Nature Publishing Group, London.
- Research Assistant (2004), Lakes of the Rift Valley Project, Kenya.
- Single Wild Female: https://sta.uwi.edu/uwitoday/archive/january_2012/article1.asp
- River Limes Affect Fish: http://www.guardian.co.tt/lifestyle/2016-02-18/river-limes-do-affect-fish-and-their-homes
- Outreach Representative for the Department of Life Sciences
- Associate Editor, Aquatic Invasions and Bioinvasions Record (2016 - present)
- Secretary, Trinidad and Tobago Field Naturalists' Club (2015 - 2019)
- Editor, Living World, Journal of the TTFNC (2016 - present)
- Advisory Partner, International Year of the Reef, T&T: https://sta.uwi.edu/uwitoday/archive/may_2018/article9.asp
- ESST1004 - Science Communication
- BIOL2262 - Evolutionary Biology
- BIOL3867 - Animal Behaviour
- BIOL3462 - Ecology of Freshwaters