Dr Mike P. Oatham
Senior Lecturer in Plant Science
Natural Sciences Building, Old Wing, Room 222
Department of Life Sciences
The University of The West Indies
Trinidad and Tobago
Telephone: 868-662-2002 ext 83088
- Ph.D. (Plant Ecology) University of Kent at Canterbury (1994).
- Honours (Plant Ecophysiology) University of Queensland (1989).
- B.Sc. (Botany and Geology) University of Western Australia (1987).
- Oatham M.P. 1996. Restoration of habitats for the Houbara Bustard in Abu Dhabi. in: Desert ecology of Abu Dhabi. (Osborne P. ed) iPicses Press, Newbury.
- Oatham M.P., Nicholls M.K. and Swingland I.R. 1995. Manipulation of vegetation communities on the Abu Dhabi rangelands. I. The effects of irrigation and release from grazing. Biodiversity and Conservation 4, 696-709.
- Oatham M.P., Nicholls M.K. and Swingland I.R. 1995. Manipulation of vegetation communities on the Abu Dhabi rangelands. II. The effects of topsoiling and drip irrigation. Biodiversity and Conservation 4, 710-718.
- Oatham M.P. 1997 Water Relations of Zygophyllum hamiense, Heliotropium kotschyi and Panicum turgidum and their response to rangeland management techniques in Abu Dhabi. Journal of Arid Environments. 35:95-110
- Oatham M.P. and Beehler B.M. 1998. Richness, Taxonomic Composition, and species patchiness in three lowland rainforest treeplots in Papua New Guinea. In Proceedings of the Smithsonian/Man and the Biosphere Biodiversity program International Symposium. Mea
- Wood B.C., Clubbe, C., Gillman, M.P., Hosie L., Kauffmann J.L.D. and Oatham M. 1999. A sustainable tropical forest management system in Trinidad. Conference Proceedings of the International Sustainable Development Conference at Leeds, March 25th-26th 1999
- Investigating ecological aspects of data on canopy tree dynamics gathered by the Forestry Dept over the last thirteen years in the Victoria-Mayaro Forest Reserve, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Investigating the population dynamics of Mora seedlings in the proposed Matura National Park, Trinidad W.I.
- Investigating the tropical tree seedling, sapling and mature tree dynamics.
- Investigating the controls on expansion of Mora exselsa into adjacent mixed forest.
- Preparation of a GIS database for the Victoria-Mayaro Forest Reserve using geographical and Forestry Department data.