- About Us
- Student Support
RET MSC Content
8 compulsory courses split between the proposed renewable energy-based courses and the already existing management courses.
Students will be required to complete 4 courses from the list of 6 elective courses as well as the 9-credit Research Project course.
To complete a course, students must pass both the Coursework component and the Final Examination. The Core and Elective courses, together with the Research Project, total 45 credits.
Core Compulsory (8 courses – 24 credits)
- RENT 6001 - Energy Economics (3 credits)
- RENT 6002 - Shaping Sustainable Energy Systems (3 credits)
- PSMA 6106 - Programme and Project Management (3 credits)
- PHYS 6295 - Solar Energy Conversion (3 credits)
- RENT 6005 - Wind Energy I (3 credits)
- RENT 6006 - Bioenergy I (3 credits)
- RENT 6007 - Energy Use and Energy Auditing (3 credits)
- RENT 6008 - Electrical Integration of Renewables (3 credits)
Electives (Any 4 courses – 12 credits)
- RENT 6009 - Hydro and Marine Power (3 credits)
- RENT 6010 - Geothermal Energy (3 credits)
- RENT 6011 - Energy Storage (3 credits)
- RENT 6012 - Advanced Solar Energy (3 credits)
- RENT 6013 - Wind Energy II (3 credits)
- RENT 6014 - Bioenergy II (3 credits)
RENT 6000 - Research Project : Three months’ work + Presentation and Report (9 credits Supervised)
NB: Additional information available in the Faculty of Science and Technology Postgraduate Booklet.
Additional Queries can be addressed at PGPHYSStudent.Support@sta.uwi.edu