All supporting documents, including application processing fee, must be received in the Admissions Office by the posted deadlines.
Use the Application Checklist below to ensure you have accounted for all application items applicable to you.
- Undergraduate Confirmation Receipt-COMPULSORY for ALL applicants applying online
- Application Processing Fee Receipt (Bank Draft/ Certified Cheque in US$ or EC$) Cheques should be made payable to The University of the West Indies
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- Legal Affidavit or Deed Poll if present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate
- Academic Certificates [GCE, CAPE (CXC), CSEC (CXC). Grade slips (accepted ONLY in cases where certificates are not yet available)
- Professional Certificate/Diploma
- Official transcripts sent directly from awarding institutions (this does NOT apply to High/ Secondary School students in Trinidad & Tobago)
- Autobiographical Statement [A short (250-300 words) autobiographical sketch outlining the reasons for your career choice] Mandatory for Faculty of Medical Sciences
- TOEFL Examination score (If English is not native language). TOEFL score of 500 or greater-paper based (*82 internet-based); OR
- A certificate showing a minimum total score of 6.5 on the University of Cambridge IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Supplemental Sheet 1 (For Undergraduate applicants to BSc Human Ecology, BSc. Nursing).
- Supplemental Sheet 2 Non-Academic Criteria for Selection to the Faculty of Medical Sciences – Mandatory for MB.BS. DDS & DVM Programmes ONLY
- Supplemental Sheet 3 – Employment History and Referee Information (Applicants to Certificate, Diploma, Evening University programmes and BEd Applicants)
- Hall of Residence Application Form [if you wish to live on-campus]
- Police Certificate of Character - Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) applicants ONLY.
- Other (please specify) ________________________________________
Applicants MUST submit certified photocopies of all supporting documents which have been certified by a Notary Public/School Principal or School Vice Principal. THESE DOCUMENTS ARE NECESSARY FOR CONSIDERATION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Important Notes on
TRANSCRIPTS & CERTIFICATES
Applicants MUST Comply with ALL UWI’s requirements and policies regarding transcripts and submit their official transcript and translations [where required] to: The Admissions Office, UWI St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad & Tobago W.I.
1. GRADUATES OF UWI NEED NOT REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
2. TRANSCRIPTS for professional and overseas qualifications MUST BE MAILED DIRECTLY FROM THE AWARDING INSTITUTION to: The Senior Assistant Registrar Student Affairs (Admissions). UWI St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad & Tobago W.I. by August 5.
3. If you have attended more than one College/Institution and credits have been transferred from one college to another, we must receive a transcript from the originating college/ institution.
4. Applicants with qualifications/birth/marriage certificates in a language other than English must submit a certified English translation, together with the original.
5. Student copies or transcripts stamped: STUDENT COPY or ISSUED TO STUDENT are not acceptable.
6. A transcript is considered official if it is in a sealed envelope from the high school/institution. Photocopies, faxed copies and PDF attachments are NOT considered official.
7. Unofficial items will be considered incomplete and will not be processed
8. Documents which are defaced or which appear to be altered in any way WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
9. Grade slips are NOT certificates.
10. Official replacements for examination certificates which you have lost or inadvertently destroyed can be requested from the examining body i.e. University of London, University of Cambridge (GCE) and the office of the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC for CSEC/CAPE Certificates).
11. Please note that a person engaged in full-time employment CANNOT be registered as a full-time student unless written proof of approved leave is provided prior to registration.
12. Candidates who will be sitting examinations in November and in the period January to June to qualify for admission may also submit applications.
13. Your final official transcript indicating award date/date of graduation must be submitted as soon as all courses have been completed.
14. Full acceptance cannot be made until all required transcripts have been received.
15. All submitted documents become the property of The University of the West Indies. We will not return or give you copies of any part of your application or supporting material, nor will we forward any part of your application or supporting material to a third party.
Applicants are Hereby Cautioned that:
- Applications will not be considered if there is any indication that the accompanying papers or certificates have been altered in any way.
- The submission of documents in support of applications or the applications themselves, for admission and/or registration that are forged, fraudulent, altered from the original, obtained under false pretences, or otherwise deceptive is prohibited.
- The University reserves the right to reject an application for admission, withdraw an offer and/or prohibit registration if the offer for admission is found to be based in whole or in part on deception or fraud.
- Each applicant must provide his/her telephone number or the telephone number of a reliable contact person. This will facilitate urgent communication with the applicant.
- In completing your application, ensure that ALL your statements are accurate and that you answer ALL questions applicable to you.
- The UWI may seek to verify any information submitted by contacting recommenders, employers and/or school officials.