Go back to FAQ index page

What is the difference between applying to UWI versus registering for a programme?

Applying to a programme means that you are seeking to be enrolled/admitted to pursue a programme of study at UWI. Re-entry applicants, withdrawn from the programme and now wish to continue, are also considered to be applying for enrolment in the programme.

Registering for a programme/courses means that you have been given an offer/accepted to pursue a programme of study or you are continuing your registration as an active student.

How can I apply?

Apply online for admissions to The University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus, at

Mail or hand- deliver your completed confirmation receipt, with supporting documentation AND receipt of payment of the Non-refundable application processing fee OR bank draft made payable to: The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine campus, Trinidad & Tobago W.I. to:

The Senior Assistant Registrar
Student Affairs (Admissions)

The Lloyd Braithwaite Student Administration Building
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine Campus
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.

How will I know that all my documents have been received for my Application?

You can track your application online by logging into:
Applicants can track the progress of their application at any time using the online Track Application Status Tool on our website.

Do I have to pay an application fee?

You must include with your application a NON-REFUNDABLE application processing fee. For residents of Commonwealth Caribbean countries the fee is as follows:

  • St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad & Tobago TT$90.00
  • Cave Hill Campus, Barbados BDS$30.00
  • Mona Campus, Jamaica JDS$1350.00
  • International applicants USD$30.00

The application processing fee [non-refundable] can be paid by bank draft or certified cheque in US$ or EC$ made payable to: The University of the West Indies.

Applicants in Trinidad & Tobago can pay the application processing fee at any branch of Republic Bank Ltd.

When can I apply?

UWI accepts applications for entry to all undergraduate degree, certificate/diploma programmes from Mid-November to the end of May each year.

I tried to apply for a programme but that option is not coming up, why?
  • The application period has not opened/has closed for it.
  • You may be selecting the inappropriate option to apply for the programme.
  • Undergraduate programmes are listed under the options. New Undergraduate Full-time, New Undergraduate Part-time, New Undergraduate Evening University and New Undergraduate – South Campus
OR Persons applying for admission via Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (CFBC), St. Kitts, Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (SALCC), St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (STVGCC), St. Vincent, under Application Type select one of the following:
  • New Undergraduate CFBC
  • New Undergraduate SALCC
  • New Undergraduate STVGCC


I have forgotten my application username and password, what do I do?
Email us at


Is it possible to transfer to UWI from another University?

The University is happy to consider students wishing to transfer from other institutions. Your transfer is however dependent on your individual circumstances and the faculty or department you wish to transfer into. You must follow the usual application process outlined above.

It is important to note:-

  1. Prevailing University Statute dictates that the period of study necessary to qualify a matriculated student for admission to examinations for a first degree of the University shall not be less than three (3) Years. However the period of study could be reduced by a period not exceeding one academic year in the case of undergraduate members of an approved University or other approved institution of higher learning.
  2. Your official transcript must be sent from the granting institution directly to UWI. Your qualifications would be evaluated by our Entrance Committee. You would be advised in your offer/acceptance letter of any credits/exemptions granted.
  3. The subject area done at another institution must be relevant to that of the course of study for which you are applying at UWI.

What should I do if have lost my examination certificates?

If you cannot locate your original certificates, we will accept proof of your results from your school or college only if these results are presented on official letterhead. You should however contact the awarding body or examination board for a replacement certificate.

I started a programme at UWI but did not finish. I now want to continue. What should I do?

Students who were enrolled at The University of the West Indies and were required to withdraw; voluntarily withdrew or did not complete an academic programme, must submit an online application for re-admission by the stipulated application deadlines.

Persons applying for re-admission to degree programmes should submit documentary evidence of ADDITIONAL qualifications (if applicable). We encourage you to take every opportunity during the application process to demonstrate how you have become a more competitive applicant since your last application.

Required to withdraw at the end of Semester 1

A student who is required to withdraw at the end of Semester 1 of an academic year would be required to apply in the normal application period, but no later than December 31 of the following academic year, for readmission in Semester 2 (January) of that academic year.

Required to withdraw at the end of Semester 2 or Summer Session

A student who is required to withdraw at the end of Semester 2 or the Summer Session of an academic year would be required to submit an application for re-admission and may be re-admitted after one (1) year has elapsed since their withdrawal

Go back to FAQ index page