Managers are entrusted with numerous responsibilities, including keeping the organization successful whether the environment is smooth or rough. One year into the COVID-19 pandemic, the disruption to businesses continue. The disruption has created stress on the personal level, and for managers, they must also deal with stressed staff. In these circumstances, managers must maintain mental toughness to make rational and correct decisions and garner support from the people around them.
This virtual seminar caters for all senior and middle level managers. It is designed to provide:
- Strategies to stay healthy, increase resilience and implement coping mechanisms.
- Tips and techniques to increase engagement, empathy-building trust and emotional intelligent coaching for the now virtual world of work.
In this dynamic and informative programme, Managers will be able to:
- Address the challenges that the existing pandemic has created in terms of strategic leadership and decision-making
- Gain new insight into some of the major issues affecting decision-making during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Discuss staying healthy and resilient as a leader and implement coping strategies
- Discuss their role as people leaders and leading through this crisis
- Address key communication tips and techniques for organizational and team engagement
- Apply techniques that facilitate leading effectively with compassion and empathy-building trust
- Examine the best practices in emotionally intelligent coaching and team building in the virtual world
- Consider major learnings out of this crisis and the application of these learnings to their leadership role and business future
- COVID-19 reality and leadership styles: how to leading courageously
- Self-Awareness and Stress Response
- Mental Health and Resilience: Coping mechanisms for DI-Stress; Resilience as a Leader;- Organisational mental health measures
- Communication Styles in a Crisis
- Relationships and Building Trust
- Coaching in the Virtual World
- Crisis proofing your Talent processes
- EQ and People Engagement
- Lessons learnt from global trends- The CEO perspectives
- Protect and Pivot
- COVID fatigue- how to support COVID weary employees
- Leadership Post- COVID-19: Leading for the long run
- Reimagining Work: Networking and Collaboration
- 8 hours of live sessions
- Hands-on exercises
- Seminar material
- Certificate of participation from The Business Development Unit, Faculty of Social Sciences, The University of the West Indies
Date and Time
All sessions are live and delivered online.
Dates: Wednesday, June 16th , 23rd, 30th, and July 7th
Time: 10.00AM – 12.00 NOON AST: Live Lecture via Zoom
Seminar Fee: TT$2,800/US$400
Discount: Get a 10% group discount. Applicable to:
- Groups of three or more individuals attending from the same organization
- The UWI campus community
- Online payment option (bank charges of 3% applies). Please contact us at STA-FSSBDU@sta.uwi.edu
Mrs. Shian Ottley-Reid is a Chief Executive Officer of a leading consulting company with over 15 years of experience working to influence change within organizations. She has worked with both the private and public sectors dealing with various human capital challenges. Shian also has been involved with the development of the Caribbean Version of our Step One Survey assessment and continues a fair amount of research and validation activities in the psychometric assessment field. Her passion, professional focus, and expertise are in the areas of executive coaching, team building and communication, leadership development, strategic planning and visioning, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Please contact Dalaiah and Karen at 662-2002 ext. 83850, 83870 and
The Business Development Unit
Faculty of Social Sciences
The University of the West Indies
St. Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Phone (868) 662-2002 Ext. 83850; Ext. 83870; Ext. 82675