UWI - ISACA STUDENT GROUP
UWI - ISACA
As an independent, non-profit, global association, ISACA engages in the development, adoption and use of globally accepted, industry-leading knowledge and practices for information systems. Previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, ISACA now goes by its acronym only, to reflect the broad range of IT governance professionals it serves. (http://www.isaca.org/about-isaca )
ISACA has more than 200 chapters worldwide, all of which offer an opportunity to share a broad range of professional expertise from diverse business communities. Chapters sponsor local educational seminars and workshops, engage in IT research projects, conduct regular chapter meetings, and help to further promote and elevate the visibility of the IS audit, control and security professional.
Information on ISACA Trinidad & Tobago Chapter: http://www.isaca.org/chapters6/Trinidad-and-Tobago/Pages/default.aspx
ISACA Student Groups (ISGs) encourage education beyond the classroom by allowing students to network and learn from each other, and connect with a supportive group of professionals. While ISGs do NOT require ISACA Student Membership, an ISG gives students the opportunity to get to know ISACA by interacting with professionals at events sponsored by the university and the local chapter. By participating in an ISG, students gain knowledge and experience that moves them ahead of the competition when they graduate.
UWI-ISACA Student Group (UWI ISG) is a great way for you and fellow students to jumpstart your professional growth and development—even before you graduate. Each ISG is recognized by ISACA, affiliated with a local ISACA chapter, and encourages continuing education as well as personal and professional development beyond what you are learning in the classroom.
ISGs enable students like you to:
- Develop professional networks while still in school
- Meet professionals face to face at events sponsored by the university and local ISACA chapter
- Connect with and share the support of fellow students who will soon be entering the IS audit/accounting/information systems, information security/cybersecurity, enterprise governance of IT/MIS, or IT risk management professions.
- Stand out in the eyes of recruiters by enhancing your leadership skills and adding that valuable experience to your resume/CV
- Get mentoring on career paths from experienced practitioners
- Contact industry leaders with job opportunities post-graduation
|Vice President||Akil Hosang||Akil.email@example.com|
|ISACA Academic Advocate||Selris Mahabir||Selris.Mahabir@sta.uwi.edu|