The mission of the the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies (SALISES) is to undertake high-quality research and graduate teaching in the areas of social and economic development policy, governance and public policy with special reference to small developing countries.
The vision of SALISES is to:
- be an internationally renowned institution for development policy analysis;
- be a location for theoretical and philosophical reflection on development studies;
- provide a highly challenging and rewarding intellectual environment for graduate students and researchers interested in development policy analysis;
- provide policy advice to governments and other institutions through contract and graduate student research;
- engage in high-quality research which is published in leading regional and international journals and monographs; and
- provide a physical and social environment conducive to good staff and student relations