- About Us
- Office of the Director
- Careers, Co-Curricular and Community Engagement
- Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Guild Administrative Office
- Student Accommodation On and Off Campus
- Student Activities / Facilities and Commuting Students
- Student Engagement Unit
- Student Life and Development
- CONTACT US
The newly refurbished Canada Hall is a traditional-styled, single room only, hall. It consists primarily of two 3-storey dormitory blocks; the North Block dedicated for female and South Block for male students. The hall boasts spacious grounds and is ideally located in close proximity to the Sir Frank Worrell playing field and the Student Activity Centre. The Hall attracts a diverse population of students from all over the Caribbean. Canada Hall is best suited for young undergraduate level students, who enjoy being part of a close community and are seeking to join a hall with lots of activities and fellowship.
Built from funds donated by the Canadian Government, the Hall was opened in 1963, and named after the donor Government. Originally the Hall housed 192 students - 32 rooms per floor. The facilities were modified in 1989 to provide kitchenettes and this reduced the number of rooms per floor to 28 and a total available occupancy of 168 students. In 2018, the campus completed a full refurbishment of the hall, gutting the interiors, building new rooms, bathroom & common facilities and brand new administrative offices and secure entrance hall.
This Hall offers private single rooms grouped in clusters of 4 – 5 rooms. Each cluster is equipped with a large bathroom, full kitchen and access to a common room for dining and study. The rooms are furnished with single beds, desk, and chair, ceiling fans, book shelf and cupboard.
- Buildings comprise two blocks, each with three floors.
- Present configuration provides for 168 single rooms in cluster of 4-5 rooms with shared bathroom/toilet facilities and Common Rooms.
- Each floor has 2 kitchens equipped with modern appliances
- Other facilities include a central laundry area and one large Common room, which is used as a recreation area, a meeting hall and for storage of trophies, and equipped with cable TV, VCR, and sports equipment.
- Spacious grounds and close proximity to the Sir Frank Worrell playing field and the Student Activity Centre.
- Cleaning services of Kitchenettes and Common areas.
- Porter services.
- Maintenance services through Works Department and an in house Maintenance Assistant.
- Hall houses a computer room with internet access that is free of charge to residents.
- Culture clash
- Hall Concert
- Annual dinners
- Other formal and informal gathering
Roxanne Bartholomew - Hall Supervisor
Tel.: 1-868-662-2002 Exts. 82386, 84286, 82497 or 868-663-8812
Fax No.: 1-868-663-9684
Hall Facilities Photos