- About Us
- Office of the Director
- Careers, Co-Curricular and Community Engagement
- Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Guild Administrative Office
- Student Accommodation On and Off Campus
- Student Activities / Facilities and Commuting Students
- Student Life and Development
- CONTACT US
Welcome Home to the Halls of Residence
The Student Accommodation Office welcomes you to our Halls of Residence.
- Student Accommodation Office Support Services
- Mission Statement
- Our Halls
- Take A Tour
- COVID 19 Notice
STUDENT ACCOMMODATION OFFICE SUPPORT SERVICES
- Provides general information and assists students in finding the best accommodation for their needs,
- Processes hall applications and issued Hall Agreements,
- Processing caution fees and refunds,
- Processes Hall Payment Plan applications,
- Billing & Accounts receivables,
- Reservation services for groups and short term student rentals,
- Sales and Promotion of the halls
The mission of the UWI Halls of Residence is to provide a secure and comfortable learning environment, which facilitates academic success as well as the growth and development of all residents through the promotion of diversity appreciation, social interaction, civic responsibility and a better awareness of our unique Caribbean space.
Students are offered accommodation at one of five Halls of Residence, which can accommodate over one thousand, three hundred (1300) students. Freedom and Canada Halls are all located on the Main Campus. The Joyce Gibson-Inniss Hall located on the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex is for students from the Faculty of Medical Sciences only. The Sir Arthur Lewis Hall of Residence is located a short distance off the Main Campus on the North Campus. Shuttles are assigned to service this Hall to ensure its residents easy access to campus. The multi-ethnic and diverse cultural heritage of residents create a rich social experience as learning is exhibited at the various hall activities including hall concerts, annual dinners, sporting events and other formal and informal gatherings.
Can I Visit the Accommodation or take a Hall Tour?
Definitely, appointment for viewing of the Halls is provided, Monday through Friday and arrangements can be made by contacting the Student Accommodation Office via; Telephone 662-2002 Ext#82387 or 82368 or email UWIHalls@sta.uwi.edu
The Halls of Residence are high contact, high risk areas on campus. Due to the nature of these facilities with many students living in close quarters and sharing common facilities, the controls and protocols to protect residents and staff presents a very difficult challenge to the campus. The Halls are operated as a fully vaccinated Safe Zone. All residents and staff of the hall are fully vaccinated.
The attached document outlines the protocols to ensure that the population of the halls are safe from possible exposure and infection from the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus or COVID-19 (as it is commonly called.)