- About Us
- Careers, Co-Curricular and Community Engagement
- Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Guild Administrative Office
- Office of the Director
- Student Accommodation On and Off Campus
- Student Activities / Facilities and Commuting Students
- Student Life and Development
- CONTACT US
Freedom Hall is a co-ed Hall of Residence at the St. Augustine Campus of the University of the West Indies. Freedom Hall is very accessible both from campus internally and externally. The Hall borders the campus on the north-east and is within five minutes walking to all campus' facilities. The two main towns in close proximity to the Hall are: Curepe on the west and Tunapuna on the east. Both are within 10-15 minutes’ walk from the Hall.
Freedom Hall is the oldest of the Halls of Residence at the St. Augustine campus of the University of the West Indies. It has been in existence for over 75 years and has been the home of many regional and international students. It has contributed immensely to their academic and social development. Freedom Hall was part of the original Imperial College of Tropical Agriculture that was acquired by the University of the West Indies in 1960. It was subsequently enlarged and can now accommodate 330 students.
The Hall comprises five blocks. Present configuration provides for an Old Wing and a New Wing.
- Double Room Old Block (North & South Blocks)
- Double Room New Block (I Block)
Senior & Post Graduate Accommodation
- Single Room (West Block)
- Single En-suite (I Block)
- 4 Bedroom Apartment
- A central laundry area;
- A Multipurpose Hall, which is used as a recreation and meeting area;
- Common areas equipped with cable TV;
- Spacious grounds and close proximity to the various playing fields on campus and the Student Activity Centre;
- A Tuck shop and vending machine;
- Cleaning of Kitchen and other Common areas;
- Porter Services 24/7;
- Maintenance services through Works Department and an in-house Maintenance Assistant;
- Wi Fi Access throughout the Hall and computer room that is free of charge to residents.
- Hall Concert;
- Valedictory Dinner;
- Christmas Function;
- Block Events;
- Hall Sports;
- Various Programs by Resident Assistants;
- International Food Day.
North-eastern perimeter of the Main Campus North-eastern boarder
St. Augustine Circular Road
University of the West Indies
Tel: 1-868-662-2002 ext. 82479