- About Us
- Office of the Director
- Careers, Co-Curricular and Community Engagement
- Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Guild Administrative Office
- Student Accommodation On and Off Campus
- Student Activities / Facilities and Commuting Students
- Student Engagement Unit
- Student Life and Development
- CONTACT US
Joyce Gibson Inniss Hall
The Joyce Gibson Inniss Hall is a co-ed Hall of Residence at the St. Augustine Campus of the University of the West Indies situated on the compound of the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Mount Hope, fifteen minutes away from the main campus and within close proximity to the Faculty of Medical Sciences and the Hospital Facilities.
Joyce Gibson Inniss Hall is dedicated for Medical Sciences students that are pursuing degrees at the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine. We strongly recommend that ALL single, first-time admissions to these Programs should seek accommodation at this Hall.
Built from funds donated by the European Union, the Hall which is named after the former Campus Domestic Bursar and the first Hall Administrator, Mrs. Joyce Gibson-Inniss, was opened in 1995, and named in 2001
This Hall is fashioned along a villa-style concept, surrounded by lush green gardens, and houses 204 students in single room accommodation. There are fourteen two-storied and two three-storied buildings, with a fully furnished six-bedroom apartment on each floor.
A kitchen is provided with refrigerators, stoves and microwave ovens. Students are responsible for preparing their own meals. Meals can also be purchased at several nearby catering establishments (including international fast food outlets). Washers / dryers are also available, and the resident is responsible for supplying his / her own detergent.
Bathrooms, corridors, as well as the general common areas are cleaned regularly by Hall Staff.
In addition to porters who are stationed round the clock at the front office to monitor entry and exits from the halls, there is also security within the Eric Williams Sciences Complex, and special security is placed at the Joyce Gibson-Inniss Hall of Residence. Each room is well secured, with rooms on the ground floors being burglar-proofed.
- Villa styled 2 and 3 story buildings with spacious grounds.
- 202 private single bedroom
- Gated property with 24-hour security
- Secured Parking
- 5 Laundry rooms located throughout the property.
- Large Common room, TV room, outdoor games area, and administrative offices on ground floor.
- Hall houses computer room with internet access that is free of charge to residents
- Unique orientation programme
- Culture clash
- Hall Concert
- Annual dinners
- Other formal and informal gatherings
Joyce Gibson-Inniss Hall of Residence
Mrs. Gwennie Daniels Hall Supervisor(Ag)
Joyce Gibson Inniss Hall
The University of the West Indies
Medical Sciences Complex
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.