View information on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Collection of Certificates

Certificates will be issued at the Examinations Section, Lloyd Brathwaite Student Administration Building, for students who completed the requirements for the award of their degrees during the academic year.

If there is either a Library Fine Hold or a Financial Hold on your record, the certificate will not be issued before Graduation or thereafter, nor will transcripts be issued on your behalf, until the hold is cleared. Holds are blocks placed on a student’s record for failure to comply with obligations to the University. A Hold is imposed for financial indebtedness to the University such as unpaid tuition and fees or unpaid library fines. Kindly arrange to clear such holds before Graduation.

Your Certificates can now be delivered via TTPost to your Home or Office. This service can be accessed by contacting the Examinations Section at for further instructions. Face to face/in person collection options are not available at this time.

The onus is on the Graduate to check availability of his/her certificate.



You may submit your request for a Transcript by completing the requisite Transcript request for available at and pay for Transcripts via the Online Payment Facility available at Transcripts are currently disseminated electronically, however, courier services are available upon request. Please make such requests to


Non Residents

Non-residents of Trinidad and Tobago residing in other territories, you may tick the Courier Service (Freight Collect) option when registering to attend Graduation. Please ensure that on the mailing request form you indicate accurately the address to which your certificate is to be mailed.  Addresses with P.O. Box numbers will not be accepted by the Courier Service providers.


Replacement of Certificates

Graduates can apply for a replacement certificate only if the original has been lost or damaged. An awarded certificate is a legal document and it is not possible for a student to be in possession of more than one. Therefore, a declaration of loss must be completed. 

  • A replacement fee of US$175 is required. The graduate is required to complete and submit the replacement form by hand.
  • If the original certificate is subsequently recovered, The UWI must be advised and the replacement certificate returned.
  • If the original has been damaged, the certificate must be returned with your application. A replacement certificate will not be issued until the damaged certificate is returned.


Letter of Confirmation

If graduates do not wish to pay a charge for a replacement certificate, a Letter of Confirmation of Degree may be requested at a cost of TTD $30 or USD$6.

Requests should be made in writing to:

Assistant Registrar/Examinations
Examinations Section
Office of the Campus Registrar
The Lloyd Braithwaite Student Administration Building
The University of The West Indies
St. Augustine
Trinidad, West Indies

Top of Page