Top of Page
Co-Curricular Credits Guidelines
- Co-curricular credits are optional.
- Students are eligible for Co-curricular credits at any time during the degree programme.
- Co-curricular credits can replace a level one course. Each student is eligible for no more than six Co-curricular credits towards his/her degree programme.
- Co-curricular credits shall normally form part of the required credits for a degree. However, if Co-curricular credits are pursued in excess of those required for the degree students must apply for an override from their Faculty.
- Extra Credits, which are credits earned in excess of those required for the degree, and the associated course, will be included on the student’s transcript.
- Extra credits are not covered by GATE.
- Upon Graduation a special Cocurricular Certificate will be provided to students for all Cocurricular courses which they have pursued and passed.
- Co-curricular courses are equivalent to a Level 1 semester course and are NOT used in the calculation of your weighted Grade Point Average (GPA).
- The grading of Co-curricular activity shall be PASS/FAIL only.
- Co-curricular credits cannot replace core course requirements in any faculty.
- The registration and withdrawal process for a student registered for a Co-curricular course is the same as that for any other course.