- What We Do
- Who's Who
- Media & Events
- Contact Us
We promote social change by building feminist consciousness and activism in and around UWI.
As an Igniter, you are perched to play an active role in shaping how your peers view gender, engage with a cross section of issues and increase their awareness around matters of economic, social and gender justice.
Your participation allows you to expand your view of the world, while helping to create shifts through activism.
IGNITE fosters hands on experience of activism and social change through active learning.
• Participate in team building actions, popular actions, community and school outreach
• Benefit from mentorship of existing activists, former IGNITE members and IGDS graduate students
• Build a network and develop your professional skills
• Access the expertise of staff and faculty at IGDS.
• Collaborate and build bridges with other clubs and groups across campus.
• Diversify your university experience through active learning in and out of the classroom!
This is an online platform and project of the IGDS Ignite that focuses on street harassment and Gender-Based Violence (GBV).